Offline Paulstar

Karting places hve 10+ of their own (slow) karts laying around anyway. Rock up and ask them if you can book the track on one night each week for 10 weeks and use their karts and run a tournament in this way.

I did this once before, rock up. Warm up laps, qualifying lap, check the times and assign grid positions, do 3 heats and see who the winners are and assign points to those. The one i went in was semi serious because the owner of the track was giving the person with the most wins for that tournament one year of sponsorship to go out and race.

This was all in the same karts that the general population drive when they rock up, but due to the competitive natures and slowness of the karts picking good lines, defending your position on the track etc etc all became much more challenging.

Only suggesting this because it is easier to set this up than to finalize the sale of a few karts, then trailers, then spares, then maintenance etc.

-edit-
Oh yeah, some of the Karts were indeed freaks that cornered / accelerated or handled bumps on the track better than others. Kart assignment was random (not really) to allow for this.

Offline leburpor

• Loves Tom Cruise

Not really interested in those fun karts places. Done those to death when I was in UNI and really cant bothered with that setup.

Offline scud

• 300kph+ club
  • Rocket man

10kg weight difference in driver in a slow kart means everything.

Pick the best line and be the best driver, still ain't going to get you the win if you are heavier than the next guy.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
We discussed something similar ages ago with goobs/sifi/waz/etc. I'm keen, but putting my $ toward other pursuits for the next year or so, so depends how cheap. :p

Offline dkabab

paulstar.... get yourself into a proper racing kart... there is no comparasin. you actually feel acceleration, are going fast enough to really use the brakes etc.. at most generic karting places, you can keep your foot floored and occasionally lift off for the odd corner, its fun, but lacks excitement

kart place - maybe 40kph
racing kart - 140kph!

Offline dkabab

We discussed something similar ages ago with goobs/sifi/waz/etc. I'm keen, but putting my $ toward other pursuits for the next year or so.

seeing as its already May, i wouldnt expect the potential season to start until 2012... so no rush, just doing all the research at the moment...

Offline app

I'm interested, please keep me in the loop. $$$ is also a deciding factor for me...

Offline M308

• Degranged

• Name: Scott Thomson
Iv'e no idea whats good & whats not but these guys look they know their shit.......some info on their karts here in Adelaide;

http://www.lightningkarts.com.au/

Main North Rd, Nailsworth

Offline dkabab

Was going to head down there on Friday, and one or two other shops. going to get an idea on karts to go with, budgets, running costs etc...

Offline M308

• Degranged

• Name: Scott Thomson
Was going to head down there on Friday, and one or two other shops. going to get an idea on karts to go with, budgets, running costs etc...

Would love to tag along but too much work on.......let us know how you go though :thumbsup: