Offline amgracing

Well why not look at Superkarts which someone else here suggested.  The costs are about the same; club membership is $50 but CAMS license is $400 ???, same karts just a streamline nose - if you run a 125cc Non Gearbox, and they use the Rotax motor which is bloody reliable and strong.  The main difference is in the type of race suit you need, for normal sprint karts it just has to be ankle to kneck whilst the Superkart version needs to be trear resistant - not much difference in cost and can be used on sprint tracks.

We started years ago in sprint karts, got into Superkarts and we now run Formula Fords - once you get the bug its very hard to stop!  We still have our sprint and Superkarts.

If you go the Superkart way it gives you a leg up to a full CAMS license which lets you run in any type of race meeting (subject to car) or tarmac rally - Classis Adelaide looks like being revived.

Offline dkabab

why? i dont see any advantage to running out at mallala 1 day a month.
with the karting clubs, you get a key to the facility and can run 24/7 if you had the time.
shorter twisty tracks are much more fun than something oversized like mallala.

Offline amgracing

Yes I agree, that's why we've kept our karts.  It was just an alternative suggestion.

Happy to help with any advice if you go ahead; we've got data from all of the local tracks.

Offline dkabab

thanks, yeah i did consider that option, but after weighing it up i think the go-kart way is better for me/us.

now i just need to solve the problem of not having a tow bar, trailer or a place to keep it...  :doh:

Offline amgracing

We run a big workshop at Edwardstown and we can rent you some space if you need it; send me a PM if you want to consider it.

Offline 98octane

Went go karting yesterday on Phillip Island. Heaps of fun. My best lap was 46.565 secs, faster than any others on the three sessions I had. Plus there were 16 karts on the track when I did my best lap. Can't wait to go back.

Offline M308

• Degranged

• Name: Scott Thomson

now i just need to solve the problem of not having a tow bar, trailer or a place to keep it...  :doh:

We'll talk when the time comes to buy & organise mate :mischief:

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
Its been way too long but had a ball at Le Mans karts Dandenong this evening.

With a 45 strong group of circuit race club guys.

Split into two groups.

Could only qualify 10th in my group but got up to 3rd at the end of 20 lap race.

Only did one dirty pass too and it was on one of my staffers... the other one won.

Karts were all pretty good really with nobody at all complaining of truly crap kart.

Mine had a sticky throttle and a tight clutch but it was super fast on the straights if difficult to keep momentum up.

Highly recommended venue.

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: TBA
  • Name: Peter
Its been way too long but had a ball at Le Mans karts Dandenong this evening.

Thanks for the invite!

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
So you had a 348 Kart.

Karts were all pretty good really with nobody at all complaining of truly crap kart.

Mine had a sticky throttle and a tight clutch but it was super fast on the straights if difficult to keep momentum up.

/quote]