Offline futurism

• Drives: Regretfully sold my GT3
  • Name: David
Saw something in the paper today about a new event in Victoria park around the closed section of the clipsal circuit for historic F1 and other open wheeled or race cars.
Will run as a hot lap event, with owners saying they are modeling it on the goodwood festival of speed.
The article did mention its short notice and due to get council approval next week.

Sounds good to me.
Apologies if this is already posted, I'm using my phone to browse and post.

Offline Fil-Ski

• Drives: 993TT
Saw something in the paper today about a new event in Victoria park around the closed section of the clipsal circuit for historic F1 and other open wheeled or race cars.
Will run as a hot lap event, with owners saying they are modeling it on the goodwood festival of speed.
The article did mention its short notice and due to get council approval next week.

Sounds good to me.
Apologies if this is already posted, I'm using my phone to browse and post.

Who are the organizers?

Offline TomE

Sccsa

I'd much prefer that they create a world class hill climb on The Climb to the Eagle Rd similar to the Goodwood festival of speed. Pity the new Tailem Bend owners didn't spend there money buying out all the home owners on the road. Nice function/pit area at the old service stationary the top. Could be a world class venue.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/sporting-car-club-of-sa-wants-to-start-adelaide-motorsport-festival-next-april-to-bring-historic-formula-one-cars-back-to-adelaide/story-e6frg6n6-1226771548294
"There's too many self-Indulgent wieners in this city with too much bloody money! Now, if I was driving a 1967 275 GTB four-cam... "

Offline futurism

cool, you found the info
I was out when you asked and couldnt find it on my phone

If it actually happens I think it will be cool, see some 70's and 80's F1 cars going around.
Whilst eagle on the hill would be good, theres nowhere for spectators

Offline SiFi

• Navigator/Serial Killer

It'll be interesting to see what happens with the event, given they let the Lobethal GP revival event slide. Logistically an event on the Victoria Park circuit should be easier to organise. There is lots of potential for a great event, so hopefully it goes ahead!

Offline futurism

I went to the Lobethal event. It was nice...but it was not competitive, and was speed restricted.

Apparently there were issues with it, in that some entrants decided to make it competitive around the back straight area.

If any 80s F1 turbo cars turn up, on the old track they used to race on, it will get lots of people there to see it I think.
Im guessing they can charge admission at the venue too, better not be more than $10 if they want people to come.