Linked Events

• Mount Alma Mile Hillclimb: Sat, 18 Apr, 2009 - Sun, 19 Apr, 2009
  • Adelaide Tarmac Hills Rally: Sat, 30 May, 2009 - Sun, 31 May, 2009
  • ASP Cut Price Adel Hills Rally: Sat, 30 May, 2009 - Sun, 31 May, 2009

Offline 265T

265T, i didnt realise it was you that was talking to Dave as we wandered down to that hairpin, i was standing behind him!

if Dave had any manners he would have introduced us

Offline dkabab

if Dave had any manners he would have introduced us

dave doesnt have manners

David - love the vividness of the third last one; were you running a filter?

yeah had the polariser on there. that was from the 18-200

Offline flamestone

• Geekographer

• Drives: to and from everywhere
  • Name: Shane
  • www: Flamestone.com
In this particular case (the video) the Driver went in way too deep and dropped off the edge, I suspect he chose a wrong gear or the likes and basically fluffed the corner as was apparent from the video. No one was hit out of about 12 Togs working that corner.

I'd love to hear from the driver.  It could actually be that he was put off because the photographer was there.  There's a slight wiggle after initial turn-in, which makes me wonder...

Offline dkabab

I'd love to hear from the driver.  It could actually be that he was put off because the photographer was there.  There's a slight wiggle after initial turn-in, which makes me wonder...

i was actually standing around the other side of the hairpin, and have the photos to prove he took a very sharp line into that corner, different from every other driver.  (will post when i get home from work)

that said im not defending the photographer that was right on the apex of that corner... probably not the smartest place to stand. after the car had gone past, you could see the tyre tread on the dirt.

Offline flamestone

• Geekographer

he took a very sharp line into that corner

That's clear from the video.  No disputing that.  But there's a good chance he could have pulled it off if there wasn't a body blocking that tighter line.

Offline dkabab

That's clear from the video.  No disputing that.  But there's a good chance he could have pulled it off if there wasn't a body blocking that tighter line.

im sure theres a chance it unsettled him, which probably caused the fluffed gear change. and thats what you can expect from a targa rally, its not a race track, and more often than not, its the first time most of those drivers have ever seen that road, or corner, so you cant expect them to execute each corner perfectly.

we keep this in mind when scouting for a spot to photograph from, always thinking "what if". always remember a big gum tree has your back.

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
always remember a big gum tree has your back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYFxSilcqgs

it's all fine to say they sign their life away, but if and when someone gets killed, the events will stop running.

Simple.

Offline waz356

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYFxSilcqgs

it's all fine to say they sign their life away, but if and when someone gets killed, the events will stop running.

Simple.

Agreed. No disclaimer is worth more than the paper it's written on.

Offline flamestone

• Geekographer

Agreed. No disclaimer is worth more than the paper it's written on.

And what about the poor guy who's hit you?  That image stuck in your head, and knowing you've taken a life would ruin you. 

Offline RMV

• A Country Member

Pretty sure he would have been running his polarizer, he rarely has it off the camera..... But dont quote me on that

Peter Brock swore by his.