Offline dkabab

Awesome picture mate 👍

Thanks. It was an afterthought. Lucky I had a few images to put together. If you look close enough you will see I had to flip the car horizontal, so some of the sponsorship stickers are mirrored... but the rest is pretty close.

Offline B2

• Slowest Ferrari Owner

What a pain in the butt that todays qualifying and race was not on Foxtel/TV.

Haven't checked tomorrows guide yet but I assume the same lack of coverage!!!!

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Chief Muppet Wrangler @ Drugs.R.Us Badlands Sector

• Drives: Slowly and carefully
What a pain in the butt that todays qualifying and race was not on Foxtel/TV.

Haven't checked tomorrows guide yet but I assume the same lack of coverage!!!!

What does it matter, aren't you still working 25hrs a day?

Offline B2

• Slowest Ferrari Owner

What does it matter, aren't you still working 25hrs a day?

:D

Mate, I called Judy during the day just to check to see if anything was on (I did look last night).  I record a lot of motorsport and watch when I get time.  Have a reprieve atm work wise so only working 23 hours a day. :p

Offline B2

• Slowest Ferrari Owner

I just checked.  Again no Cup Cars or Australian GT TV coverage.

Thats majorly wrong IMO.  You need TV coverage for your sponsors.  Would be interesting to hear from Scud why they still go when treated with such contempt.

Offline JPG

Thats majorly wrong IMO.  You need TV coverage for your sponsors.  Would be interesting to hear from Scud why they still go when treated with such contempt.

Bit of a shitshow, but it all comes down to channel 10. Read this by Mat Coch who's involved in the media for the Australian GT(Scud could probably clarify) series on another forum...

Really, why why would they show a series that is only popular to a small segment of the population when you could be advertising the fuck out of some rubbish tv reality series with celebrities. Rather unfortunate.

Q: And also...While we are on the topic...Why have Channel 10 got TV rights to the AGP...why cant Fox Sports cover it like they do on the V8SC weekends.

A: This is a prickly one which crosses a lot of commercial agreements. I'll try and simplify as much as I can, though can't promise any of it will actually make any sense!

As I understand it Fox Sports has purchased the rights to broadcast the SkyF1 feed in Australia. That's a specific package which has their buildup and so on.

Separately, Channel Ten has an agreement to cover specific events live, the Australian Grand Prix being one. They're not purchasing the SkyF1 content outside of the race package (5mins before to 5mins after). That's as I understand it, and could be well wrong.

As such, Fox Sports only has rights to broadcast F1, or whatever SkyF1 chooses to show; Channel Ten owns the rights to the support races and a license for F1 (which is all Fox really has).

The complexity for support categories such as Australian GT then comes about because typically our races are broadcast on Fox Sports, as part of its agreement with Supercars Australia. It's one of the reasons the Supercars races are non-championship.

As Channel Ten owns the rights to the support categories [at the GP] we're at their mercy in many respects. Last year we were scheduled to have Races 3 & 4 broadcast live, although as you're aware events transpired such that only Race 3 was taken. This year Channel Ten has informed me that only Race 3 will be broadcast.

Why Channel Ten has elected to do that I couldn't say and it would be wrong of me to speculate. While it's a positive to have Australian GT broadcast live on free-to-air as part of the country's biggest motor sport event, we'd naturally love to have every session shown rather than one race. That said, it's better than no races.

The way Fox Sports is set up to broadcast Supercars is different again with an entirely different commercial model wrapped around it.

I hope that makes some degree of sense. It's not the most straight forward of topics so it's difficult to give a straight answer!

Offline B2

• Slowest Ferrari Owner

Thanks JPG.  Very annoying.  I enjoy watching all the support races with the GP and the V8's on FOX.

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver
  • I did not lie. I was strategically misinforming u

• Drives: no friend of the left
  • Name: Buddy Miles

As a competitor and enjoying the category one huge bug bear is the entry fee.
Clipsal $10,500
GP $15,500
Some of us who elect to do only some rounds get heavily penalised, apparently we are paying for TV rights in our fees, as there isn't any TV to speak of to watch GT......why is the fee so high. It isn't the fee that say Clipsal or GP charge the category, its something else.
And $15,500 is too much for the GP for 4 x 25 min races.
Meeting women on the Internet? Remember, the more similarities u “magically” have, & the more she agrees with u, the fucking crazier she is.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Chief Muppet Wrangler @ Drugs.R.Us Badlands Sector

• Drives: Slowly and carefully
As a competitor and enjoying the category one huge bug bear is the entry fee.
Clipsal $10,500
GP $15,500
Some of us who elect to do only some rounds get heavily penalised, apparently we are paying for TV rights in our fees, as there isn't any TV to speak of to watch GT......why is the fee so high. It isn't the fee that say Clipsal or GP charge the category, its something else.
And $15,500 is too much for the GP for 4 x 25 min races.

The Quinn retirement fund?

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver
  • I did not lie. I was strategically misinforming u

• Drives: no friend of the left
  • Name: Buddy Miles
The Quinn retirement fund?

Interesting observation to think about:
someone asked why not do a season in GT for about 400k or buy the lola larrousse for less

I opted for the Lola.....cos I get to keep it and a year in GT will be lost after the year ends.
Meeting women on the Internet? Remember, the more similarities u “magically” have, & the more she agrees with u, the fucking crazier she is.