Linked Events

• Classic Adelaide - 2008: Wed, 19 Nov, 2008 - Sun, 23 Nov, 2008

Offline SiFi

• Navigator/Serial Killer

What i don't get though...

is that you guys ahve a great social time driving the roads anyway... for free...

this event IS amazing... but it's not cheap... and it's not doing anything you don't already do.

It is. The event is full closed roads, no risk of idiotic cyclists or kamikaze horsefloat drivers causing problems. And depending on the category no risk of speeding fines. Also if things do go horribly pear shaped, the greatest distance that help has to travel is 5 kilometres. Just a few advantages of being in the event.

Offline SiFi

I LOVE Tarmac rallying... but it IS the most dangerous form of motorsport.

But so is everyday living. Like many things in life, tarmac rallying is all about risk analysis and risk management.

I've known people be injured in the relative safety of a car workshop. Cars falling off two post hoists, cars pinning the tech against a wall after being jump started in gear, and engines overbalancing on car cranes to name a few.

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
But so is everyday living. Like many things in life, tarmac rallying is all about risk analysis and risk management.

I've known people be injured in the relative safety of a car workshop. Cars falling off two post hoists, cars pinning the tech against a wall after being jump started in gear, and engines overbalancing on car cranes to name a few.

I think you missed my point.

Tarmac rallying is statistically the most dangerous form of motorsport... I'm not just saying it's dangerous. Life is that of course! And ALL motorsport is dangerous.

Tarmac rallying has a high % of part timers, which gives a greater occasion for human error in both prep and driving. It also runs on temporary courses which have few safety measures in place, and little history as to what safety measures are needed anyway.

That is what makes them so appealing.. the threat of danger. But go in with your eyes wide open. And budget for total loss at the first turn, and be grateful for anything you bring home!

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: TBA
  • Name: Peter
I think you missed my point.

Tarmac rallying is statistically the most dangerous form of motorsport... I'm not just saying it's dangerous. Life is that of course! And ALL motorsport is dangerous.

Tarmac rallying has a high % of part timers, which gives a greater occasion for human error in both prep and driving. It also runs on temporary courses which have few safety measures in place, and little history as to what safety measures are needed anyway.

That is what makes them so appealing.. the threat of danger. But go in with your eyes wide open. And budget for total loss at the first turn, and be grateful for anything you bring home!

lol @ the simpleton

http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showpost.php?p=137964694&postcount=95

again
I love my car. Buy your own

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
lol @ the simpleton

http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showpost.php?p=137964694&postcount=95

again

Ha ha... well, It's true.

I had the Boxer bought off me... i didn't sell it! It's the same, but different. :scratchchin:

And the Boxer sale did not facilitate the house purchase (which we've now done).

With the Boxer money, I bought the truck.... One handles like a truck... the other IS a truck.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

I see on the entry form that Category S is back again.  However, it says that crews won't be allowed to enter this section more than 2 consecutive years other than in exceptional circumstances.  Why is that?

Offline waz356

I see on the entry form that Category S is back again.  However, it says that crews won't be allowed to enter this section more than 2 consecutive years other than in exceptional circumstances.  Why is that?

Because they're trying to encourage people to "move up" to full competition. The bizarre thing is that the cars in Comp S don't actually qualify for the competition section.  :doh:

Oh and the 2 consecutive year rule hasn't stopped a couple of SA guys entering their 360C's for the 3rd year in a row now has it.

Do it Mark. Enter the Lambo and enjoy those closed roads. You mention the head room but you said the same about the SE and still managed 10 or so laps of Mallala with a helmet on and didn't think anything of it. The stages are pretty short too remember.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Do it Mark. Enter the Lambo and enjoy those closed roads.

I'd use the 911 if anything.  Much better car for the event all round.  The Murci really only comes alive over 130km/h.

Offline SiFi

Oh and the 2 consecutive year rule hasn't stopped a couple of SA guys entering their 360C's for the 3rd year in a row now has it.

Not quite, the rules haven't been stretched that far. For the 360C's, 2005 was Throughbred Tour, 2006 was Cat S.