Offline Brenton

• 300kph+ club
  • DJ's like a mad ...........

• Drives: Yes
Might have to fast track my plans to do this event as it may not be around in the future :scratchchin:

Offline James42

FYI Media release from Race Director

Issued: 26/3/10 – FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

In a statement released today, Ivar Stanelis - director of the Classic Adelaide Rally for the past two years, felt it necessary to clarify some of the issues surrounding the future of the rally following recent media reports questioning the events’ financial viability.

“Some of you may or may not have seen the television news reports regarding the collapse of the
Classic Adelaide rally and Silverstone Events. Sadly it probably leaves more questions than it answers, but I thought it would be good to send out some information to as many of our hard working officials and other members of the rally community.”

“Here are some facts of the situation:

   David Edwards is the owner of Silverstone Events which runs the Classic Adelaide Rally.
   None of the organising committee (R.A.G) have had their costs covered or money paid for the 2009 event, including Rally One which is the company under which I operate as the Clerk of Course.
   There are many other suppliers of goods and services to the event that have also not been paid for the 2009 event.
   The phones at the Silverstone Events office have been disconnected for the last few weeks and messages and emails have not been responded to.
   The office is vacant and it is locked securely.
   There are several dozen competitors who have paid their 2010 entry fee, who are now seriously concerned that they have lost their money.
   Removalist vehicles were yesterday moving all of David Edwards’ furniture and belongs from his city residence to an unknown destination and he is not answering his mobile phone.

Mr Stanelis went on to say… “As a senior official of the rally over many years, it deeply saddens me that all of the hard work, dedication and passion of the 800 rally officials have been disrespected in this way. The visionary group of people that created Classic Adelaide 13 years ago must be truly dismayed at this outcome. The event deserved a better finale than this.”

“However, all may not be lost. Despite the apparent failure of Silverstone Events, Classic Adelaide is still a very popular event on the Australian motor sport calendar and has enormous support from many quarters. As a result, it appears that there may be a few interested parties that are considering stepping in and taking over the running of the event. Although it may face many fundamental changes, we may see the event live on”, Mr Stanelis confirmed.

“Hopefully this will not be my last communication to you as Clerk of Course for the Classic Adelaide… but if it is, I personally want to thank each and everyone of you for your help, friendship, hard work and dedication. I hope to work with you again soon”, a disappointed Mr Stanelis said.

ENDS

Offline waz356

Unconfirmed story is that the event has been purchased by Tony Quinn from Queensland and he is also looking taking over management of the Lobethal event from Tony Parkinson.

Offline AdminAG

• All the news that fits to pixels

• Drives: Traffic
Classic Adelaide Rally creditors unlikely to recover money - liquidator

by Meredith Booth

CREDITORS are unlikely to recover money owed to them by Classic Adelaide Rally company Silverstone-Suncoast Rally, its liquidator said yesterday.

BRI Ferrier partner Alan Scott said the insolvency firm was still chasing money and unsure of the full amount owed to creditors, possibly up to $1.4 million, in the wake of the race organiser's collapse.

Appointed as liquidator on April 14, Mr Scott said Silverstone's assets, which don't include the Classic Adelaide trading name, had been realised in the past four months with two container loads of equipment, "enough to run a rally'' sold to former clerk of the course Ivar Stanelis at a price above what the liquidator would have got at auction, Mr Scott told a meeting of creditors yesterday.

Meanwhile Silverstone-Suncoast director and rally chairman David Edwards' "web of entities were complex'' with the liquidator tracing money transfers across 8 to 9 entities associated with Mr Edwards.

Mr Edwards, the former executive director of Lloyd Aviation estimated to have received $21 million for his share in the firm many years ago, has signed a statuatory declaration stating that he has no personal assets, the meeting was told.

Mr Scott believed Mr Edwards was living between Australia and the United Kingdom at the moment.

There will be no rally in November but a consortium is reportedly well advanced in its plans to revive the rally in 2011.

Consortium leader Terry Little, an SA-based motorsport businessman, was reported to have said the event's working title is Classic South Australia.

Source: http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/business/classic-adelaide-rally-creditors-unlikely-to-recover-money/story-e6fredj3-1225931818040

Hello :)

Offline TomE

:bump:

Anyone heard any rumours?

Has anyone saved the original PDFs of:
*Entrants
*Results
*Routes maps

?

Thinking about registering classicadelaide.info as a "memorial" site, if i can find the time.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
*Entrants
*Results
*Routes maps

?

Thinking about registering classicadelaide.info as a "memorial" site, if i can find the time.

I compiled random stuff when I was more actively getting content:

https://aussieexotics.com/category/classic-adelaide

Good luck, but yeah you'll run out of time on such a project.

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A burgandy car.
Plenty of money to be made running this event.... annoying when you see someone manage something so badly that it goes broke.

Offline 265T

*Entrants
*Results
*Routes maps

i have last years routes

Offline 1st

• Drives: The Historic & Heritage Numberplate market. Historic & Heritage plate dealers & auctioneers.
  • www: HistoricPlates.com.au

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Sincerely hope it's resurrected....did the touring, great fun and plenty fast enough...

Me too