Linked Events

• Classic Adelaide: Wed, 19 Nov, 2008 - Sun, 23 Nov, 2008

Offline SiFi

• Navigator/Serial Killer

I'd offer to be your nav but I've never done it before and I don't know how comfortable I'd be in the pax seat at speed. You're better off trying to find someone with nav experience.

I reckon give it a go Waz, all I do is read the notes out, badly at times.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com

Dunno - self-deprecation aside there's a lot more to it...  I haven't done anything anywhere near proper nav stuff, but I remember just trying to follow the crappy Targa Tas pace/recon (sorry, don't recall which is which) notes last year - we were going about as quick as you'd dare on an open/twisty/damp road, and I still had a hell of a time keeping up with the notes and being 100% sure I was giving the right advice before I spoke.  There were places on the Cethana stages where I felt like I was almost guessing but it seemed right - and luckily it was as mhh didn't lift off in places he normally would without advice!

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Dunno - self-deprecation aside there's a lot more to it...  I haven't done anything anywhere near proper nav stuff, but I remember just trying to follow the crappy Targa Tas pace/recon (sorry, don't recall which is which) notes last year - we were going about as quick as you'd dare on an open/twisty/damp road, and I still had a hell of a time keeping up with the notes and being 100% sure I was giving the right advice before I spoke.  There were places on the Cethana stages where I felt like I was almost guessing but it seemed right - and luckily it was as mhh didn't lift off in places he normally would without advice!

And wasn't it fun?  For an hour there, we owned that national park!

goober

And wasn't it fun?  For an hour there, we owned that national park!

and think what an R32 can do

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

It was f*cking awesome!!!  Probably in the top-ten of life memories for me (with another man :p ).

One of my favourite moments ever was when we had that long downhill wiggly green valley section and we started at the back but overtook most of the convoy under full throttle while they were under brakes. 

The third best place in the world to be at that time was in the driver's seat of [355]'s WRX who had his window open as we blasted by - first and second best place in the world at that time was the driver and pax seat of your Lamborghini. :)

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

and think what an R32 can do

That car can boogie - but it will never have the same feel of a proper laid-back sportscar.  For a trip as epic as Tassie I would seriously consider bringing something memorable.

goober

That car can boogie - but it will never have the same feel of a proper laid-back sportscar.  For a trip as epic as Tassie I would seriously consider bringing something memorable.
i am not driving an exotic all that way, my head would rattle, plus if it rains i want traction control, launch control, 4x4, and all the computer stuff, sideways in a TR is not my idea of fun and considering its not some newly imported HOS from pommy land then i love my car

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

It was f*cking awesome!!!  Probably in the top-ten of life memories for me (with another man :p ).

One of my favourite moments ever was when we had that long downhill wiggly green valley section and we started at the back but overtook most of the convoy under full throttle while they were under brakes. 

The third best place in the world to be at that time was in the driver's seat of [355]'s WRX who had his window open as we blasted by - first and second best place in the world at that time was the driver and pax seat of your Lamborghini. :)

I liked the bit where the cow fell over after hearing the NSX

goober

in the transport sections simon, generally you got it right, except for the 180kph 8 right and its a 2 left!.............help

luckily the crankshaft didnt come through the firewall in unsafest car car ever made according to dead fish handshake

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Smart ForTwo
  • Name: Peter