• www: AshSimmonds.com
I liked the bit where the cow fell over after hearing the NSX

Ground beef :tilt:

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
i am not driving an exotic all that way, my head would rattle, plus if it rains i want traction control, launch control, 4x4, and all the computer stuff, sideways in a TR is not my idea of fun and considering its not some newly imported HOS from pommy land then i love my car

Soft.  Drive to the conditions.  The roads are good quality but skinny - just assume they're always wet.

Offline leburpor

• Loves Tom Cruise

Soft.  Drive to the conditions.  The roads are good quality but skinny - just assume they're always wet.

Absolutely! I believe I was driving at 6 or 7/10ths tops. We're not there to push it. More about enjoying a reasonable spirited drive through some beautiful landscape. I hope you'll consider bringing the Testarossa....that car has soul and to see it on the Tassie roads would be awesome  :thumbsup:

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

I think goob's best car for this would be the R5T2 by a long way.  GT4 would be great too, but I think the Urraco and Testarossa would be very tiring - I've only been in them for an hour or two at a time - but you get the impression that for a full day of driving they are much better suited to long straights and mild bends rather than the tangled fishing line that Tassie roads are.

The R32 is a hoot - but just doesn't have the X-factor of the Renault.

Offline 265T

I wonder if having only 3 paying customers in 2007 (the rest were the Jaguar Car Club taking sponsor rides) has anything to do with it?

Last year they gave the impression they were trying to get rid of the category, their attitude was that the tour section was a burden on the event, they consider the entrants as sightseers who drive slow, take long lunch breaks & hold up the whole event - that is why they are placed last in the running order so as not to delay the competitive cars

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Why would you take long lunches?  Not that I participated but they looked shit!  I'd be keen to get back in the car.

Offline 265T

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Yeah I caught up with them a few times and they weren't exactly excited by the boxes with almost empty sandwiches, rice biscuit and warm apple in them.

Offline leburpor

• Loves Tom Cruise

sounds like i'd better bring my own tucker!

are participants allowed to put their personal sponsor stickers on the car, or only official event sonsors stickers?

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

sounds like i'd better bring my own tucker!

are participants allowed to put their personal sponsor stickers on the car, or only official event sonsors stickers?

Official sponsor decals are compulsory - with the remaining space you can do what you like.