Offline racecomp

• Carbon Fiber Gimp

• Name: Steve

Pity there is not a class for them in the VIC state series.

What about the class that West Race Cars are in?

Offline robertb

• Poll Dancer

What about the class that West Race Cars are in?
i don't think that is State series,could be wrong

Offline psw

• Keep smiling

You can run track days through Radical at Sydney Motorsport Park one every month, Radical Victoria run track days regularly at PI & Sandown I believe. There are also a number of race series you can enter in a Radical:

Radical Australia Cup 7 rounds - 1 x Bathurst, 3 x SMSP, 2 x PI, 1 x Sandown
Radical Clupman Cup  6 rounds - all at SMSP
Sports Racer Series 5 rounds - SMSP, Mallala, PI, Winton, Sandown
Keep Smiling

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
Yeah, as paw said, sportsracer series is linked to shannons I think, or Vic state, but it's a fun little series for not too serious racers like I'm interested in being one day.

Radical cup is a little too political and commercial for me, but there's some good racing and they're in support for Bathurst 12 hr too which will be exciting.

No,  I don't use anything on the tyres. It's illegal and pointless. Just buy new ones when you need them. It's easy and affordable.

Offline robertb

• Poll Dancer

No,  I don't use anything on the tyres. It's illegal and pointless. Just buy new ones when you need them. It's easy and affordable.
Years ago I raced at a Adelaide AGP in historics,wet meeting ,we soaked the tyres in a softening solution,bad move the tyres ended up greazy and dangerous...plus i got a headache from the fumes.

• Soap Dodger

Years ago I raced at a Adelaide AGP in historics,wet meeting ,we soaked the tyres in a softening solution,bad move the tyres ended up greazy and dangerous...plus i got a headache from the fumes.

There's only cheats and losers in motorsport.

Often, they're both.

Offline jamesatfish

I took the Gallardo to Wakefield on Friday - not the ideal day for a road car to be hitting the track on street rubber and stock brakes given the heat wave, but great fun none the less.

Whilst there I had a chat to a group promoting their Formula Ford driving school - the cars sound a lot quicker then I'd thought, pretty basic tech which is not very exciting but probably good from a maintenance point of view.  I grabbed some details and will do one of their drive days next year to see if the cars are as good as the hype they sold.

The Radical still sounds great but it seems good modern cars are well out of my budget and the maintenance costs might come back to bite if I pick up a car too cheap.

Really enjoying the advice in this thread - thanks again to all.

• Soap Dodger

I took the Gallardo to Wakefield on Friday - not the ideal day for a road car to be hitting the track on street rubber and stock brakes given the heat wave, but great fun none the less.

Whilst there I had a chat to a group promoting their Formula Ford driving school - the cars sound a lot quicker then I'd thought, pretty basic tech which is not very exciting but probably good from a maintenance point of view.  I grabbed some details and will do one of their drive days next year to see if the cars are as good as the hype they sold.

The Radical still sounds great but it seems good modern cars are well out of my budget and the maintenance costs might come back to bite if I pick up a car too cheap.

Really enjoying the advice in this thread - thanks again to all.

I think you'll find running costs of Radical and Formula Ford very similar.

Little bumps in an open wheeler cost a lot to fix, as it's the grippy tyre that is your bumper and the loads tear off suspension in the blink of an eye. Bumping a closed wheel car lightly usually ends up no worse than a buff or an easy fix.

And downforce is awesome.... Fford don't have any.

Offline robertb

• Poll Dancer

There's only cheats and losers in motorsport.

Often, they're both.
err in those days it was legal,in fact it was sold by a shop,that sold many CAMS gear .

• Soap Dodger

err in those days it was legal,in fact it was sold by a shop,that sold many CAMS gear .

So did you win on your gooey smelly tyres? :D

I didn't say you cheated?  :cool: