Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

i'm like big kev.......................................EXCITED

Er, Big Kev is Dead Zed.  So I do hope you are not like him.   :p

Offline futurism

• Drives: Regretfully sold my GT3
  • Name: David
you cant get into p3 with low fuel, since everyone runs minimum fuel in p1 and p2
you only fill up to race fuel for p3, you can however do well in p3 by running low fuel

and on that note, I think qualifying would be better if they started with race fuel, and ran all of qualifying without being allowed to refuel
that way they would all run througout all of qualifying, have to put in a quick one at the end of each of the 3 sessions, and the times would keep getting faster and faster

theres the possibility they might run out of fuel, this is taken care of next year when refuelling is banned

Offline scud

• 300kph+ club
  • Rocket man

Er, Big Kev is Dead Zed.  So I do hope you are not like him.   :p
should of put 'was' in there, sorry.

it'll happen to all of us one day, not sure when.

Offline scud

• 300kph+ club
  • Rocket man

you cant get into p3 with low fuel, since everyone runs minimum fuel in p1 and p2
you only fill up to race fuel for p3, you can however do well in p3 by running low fuel

and on that note, I think qualifying would be better if they started with race fuel, and ran all of qualifying without being allowed to refuel
that way they would all run througout all of qualifying, have to put in a quick one at the end of each of the 3 sessions, and the times would keep getting faster and faster

theres the possibility they might run out of fuel, this is taken care of next year when refuelling is banned
sorry, as you pointed out you can run low on fuel in Q3 to get a good grid spot, but have to come in early for fuel which puts your race plan out the window. he could go for glory with low fuel for a pole position

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

I haven't been keeping up with this as much as I'd like, but is that due to all the little accidents that have happened or another reason???

Offline futurism

• Drives: Regretfully sold my GT3
  • Name: David
I haven't been keeping up with this as much as I'd like, but is that due to all the little accidents that have happened or another reason???

thats not listed as a reason, they think it will make racing more interesting as the cars will handle differently throughout the race as the huge fuel load decreases
they are also banning tyre warmers

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Pork
  • Name: Peter
I don't know how he'll go.....but surely he's going to be better than the alternatives.

if nothing else, it's great for the sport and win lose or draw, no one can ever take away what he's done.

Armstrong didn't win either, but what an incredible effort to come back and run at the front of the field. No one cares that he didn't win, nor do they think less of him because of it. (i'm sure he cares though)

Ferrari are a  bit crap....not just the car, but the whole team i reckon. Too many mistakes. I don't think he'll  be able to do too much about that....but if he does, hooley dooley!

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver
  • I did not lie. I was strategically misinforming u

• Drives: no friend of the left
  • Name: Buddy Miles
I don't know how he'll go.....but surely he's going to be better than the alternatives.

if nothing else, it's great for the sport and win lose or draw, no one can ever take away what he's done.

Armstrong didn't win either, but what an incredible effort to come back and run at the front of the field. No one cares that he didn't win, nor do they think less of him because of it. (i'm sure he cares though)

Ferrari are a  bit crap....not just the car, but the whole team i reckon. Too many mistakes. I don't think he'll  be able to do too much about that....but if he does, hooley dooley!

its like ferrari of the middle to late 80's again
Meeting women on the Internet? Remember, the more similarities u “magically” have, & the more she agrees with u, the fucking crazier she is.

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
It's really exciting news eh?

Go Schuey....!!!

Mansell was old and Damon Hill didn't even start until he was about 40?  :tilt:

I hope, for Kimis sake, Schuey drives his arse off, but that kimi is faster.

if MS can breeze in and snooker Kimi.... kimi will disappear as a "zero"...

that last race really undid some of kimi's recent poor form.... I hope he can be motivated by this news, and perform even better.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
http://www.formula1.com/news/interviews/2009/8/9717.html

Felipe Massa: I hope I’ll be back on track soon

Ferrari’s Felipe Massa left Budapest on Monday morning to travel home to Brazil, less than ten days after his accident in qualifying for the Hungarian Grand Prix, accompanied by his wife Raffaela and his personal doctor Dino Altmann. Before leaving the AEK hospital, where he has been recovering from his injuries, Massa gave Ferrari his first interview since the Hungaroring crash…

Q: How do you feel? What do you remember from the accident?
Felipe Massa: It is sort of a strange feeling. I know exactly what happened, that a spring came off Rubens' car and hit me on the helmet. I know that something happened to me, but I didn't feel anything when it happened. They told me that I lost consciousness at the moment of the spring's impact on my helmet and I ran into the barriers, then I woke up in hospital two days later. I don't remember anything and that's why what the doctors did had to be explained to me. When I saw Rob (Smedley, his race engineer), he asked me if I remembered Rubens, but the last thing I remembered was when I was behind him at the end of my fast lap in Q2, and than it's blank. It's difficult to explain. I'm feeling much better now and I want to recover as soon as possible to get back behind the wheel of a Ferrari.

Q: Do you want to thank anyone?
FM: First of all I want to thank God. Then I want to thank the doctors at the race track and at Budapest's AEK hospital, who have done a lot for me, and Dino Altmann, who came with my family from Brazil and who was extraordinary over the last days. But I also want to thank everybody who prayed and who wrote to me via my own and Ferrari's website, hoping that everything went well. So many people wrote to me, also many who aren't interested in Formula One, but had heard about what happened to me: thank you so much and I want to tell them that I'm praying also for them. I would have done the same if an accident had happened to another driver: I would have prayed for him that everything went well.

Q: How much help was the fact that your family was here over the last days?
FM: My family is important to me. They have always been close to me during my career, victories and defeats, and the most difficult moments. There was only (brother) Edoardo at Budapest, but when the accident happened Raffaela, my father, my mother and then my sister came to Hungary. I know that they've suffered a lot and I want to thank them. And then there's another family I have to thank: the Ferrari family. They were great, they helped us in any possible way and it's a great thing to be part of this group.

Q: What's your first wish when you get back to Brazil?
FM: Coming back to my home, checking that everything is as it was before. Many things have happened over the last days and I want to get back to a normal life. I want to get back into the best possible condition, doing things you do every day.

Q: For a while your car will be driven by Michael Schumacher: do you have any advice for him?
FM: Michael doesn't need my advice! It was him who gave me many tips during my career when we were racing together. He knows how to win, he knows how to drive and he's great: it was the best choice handing over the car to such a fantastic person and I'm sure that everybody will be happy to see him back on the track again. Although I hope I'll be back on the track with Ferrari as soon as possible.