Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
You're right ash...

karts ARE very heavy on the steering, and take a real effort to drive hard for any length of time....

Whenever I go, I get aches and pains all over upper body for days afterwards....

They are a real workout..

have a look at Buckmore Park, in Kent, UK... it's the Spa/Bathurst of kart tracks...

I've got a number of trophies from there  :thumbsup: In the tea room at the shop  :thumbsup:

I'm a sucker for the thrill of "arrive and drive" championships... where you risk luck of the draw and getting a dud kart... it just adds to the fun!

I did summer and winter championships... usually 6 or 8 rounds... with 40-50 entrants each week... I'd like to do some more.

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Pork
  • Name: Peter
you guys must be total wimps!

ok..i get bruised ribs from the seat etc....but the rest is just bullshit!

I love my car. Buy your own

• Soap Dodger

you guys must be total wimps!

ok..i get bruised ribs from the seat etc....but the rest is just bullshit!

I use seat padding and don't get bruised ribs, it's the forearms and shoulders and lats...

and gut too... but more so if it's wet.

Offline [355]

• Token WRX Driver
  • COPTER CHAMPION

never used to get bruises in the race kart due to properly fitted seat.  hire karts sure bit of rib soreness

upper body workout?  haha  :doh:
Team <200mph

• Soap Dodger

never used to get bruises in the race kart due to properly fitted seat.  hire karts sure bit of rib soreness

upper body workout?  haha  :doh:

race kart eh?

sounds like you need a whupping....

My cousin and I used to turn up at the Buckmore champs in our work day clothes and trainers... jeans etc...

we'd laugh at the "sparco suit" brigade, comprehensively hose them, and take the spoils home...

I think I'm up for a kart challenge... should organise perhaps?

Offline [355]

• Token WRX Driver
  • COPTER CHAMPION

love karts, always keen  :thumbsup:

yeah raced karts for a year before school sport got in the way.

the crapper hire karts are fun in their own way.  smooth corner lines are the key because if you drop off the power and they bog down, takes half a lap to wind up again  :faint:

lemans in dandy south in the wet would be good.  the old kirkham rd track in the wet was a hoot, although the line between stylish oversteer and 'looping it' was very fine
Team <200mph

Offline CortinaD

Gepps Cross - haven't been to that one since the mid-90's!  Used to love it with the little bit of outside track when it got moist.

Really gotta do proper karts oneday - but these are fun and a great workout!

I go there every week for a couple of sessions. The new track layout is great and their karts are the newest and best maintained here for sure.

Best time for me on the new track is a 36.874

Offline CortinaD

the crapper hire karts are fun in their own way.  smooth corner lines are the key because if you drop off the power and they bog down, takes half a lap to wind up again  :faint:

lemans in dandy south in the wet would be good.  the old kirkham rd track in the wet was a hoot, although the line between stylish oversteer and 'looping it' was very fine

lemans in the dry is dangerous enough

• Soap Dodger

you sound very beatable. :cool:

• Soap Dodger

I went to lemans in Dandy sth a few weeks ago...

it's exactly opposite the CCC wharehouse, Where I prep the 360GT.

I did it in the dry, loved it. Was surprisingly fast I thought.

I drove 3 karts... one was a wreck, but the other two were really good.

The big Maori guy didn't like it when I "tssst" a little air out the left front tyre on the dummy grid though... It would have been about 1/4 maybe 1/2 psi! But He made me change the kart!

We should organise a run... maybe even this week.. isn't ash coming to Mexico this week? and scud?

Latest Discussions

BOARD TOPIC MEMBER POSTED
[ Off Topic ] Real Estate looney Today at 14:02
[ Events ] CARS AND COFFEE SYDNEY Brenton Today at 13:48
[ Cars ] Maserati - The only Assetto Corsa in Australia ? outcruisen Today at 12:10
[ Cars ] Stolen R8 mondi Today at 09:50
[ Funny Cool Stoopid ] Jokes dodger Today at 09:30