Offline RS

• Drives: AMG
race kart eh?

sounds like you need a whupping....

My cousin and I used to turn up at the Buckmore champs in our work day clothes and trainers... jeans etc...

we'd laugh at the "sparco suit" brigade, comprehensively hose them, and take the spoils home...

I think I'm up for a kart challenge... should organise perhaps?

Bringing your own helmet adds a big target to your kart from past experience.

usually its the forearm's and shoulders that i feel the next day. Had a dodgy kart a while back that cut a hole in my ankle with the brake cable
Convict by heritage, Guilty by Choice

Offline [355]

• Token WRX Driver
  • COPTER CHAMPION

yeah noticed CCC there, half expect to see the 360 doing some 'shakedown runs' on the backstreet every time i go

the maori guy loves us.  last time we went we bought 3x 10 min sessions, and after the 3rd we were jumping out and he told us to get back in and have a fourth...score

only fair really there were some pathetic drivers on the track that night and plenty of driving under caution

dunno how much free time the guys have but yep if it works out im in

Team <200mph

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Man - you guys saying it's not a workout are obviously driving poofter karts, just got back and the group consisted of a bunch of fit mid-20's guys, 3 of them major gym junkies and sportsmen.  EVERYONE got out at the end of the races absolutely dripping with sweat and sore forearms.  I don't care how fit you are, 30-40 minutes of this is a serious effort.

In the end I came third. 

First race was jostling for first for the first 6 or 7 laps, was slightly faster than the guy in P1 but couln't pass, and his fitness allowed him to maintain pace whilst I started slacking off because there was nobody for miles behind me and was catching a backmarker and wanted to save myself for the next couple races.

Second race started third from the back, weaved through the crashes on the first couple laps nicely but got stuck behind a pack and the 2 lead cars got too far ahead to make any real headway and had to settle for third.

Third race is 50% longer, and I had to start from the back row again - three of us got tangled on a hairpin and had to wait for marshals to free us, I spent the next 7-8 laps 2 inches behind the slowest guy by a mile as he made it impossible to pass cleanly.  Sounds like an excuse but at dinner afterwards he was laughing his tits off - saying "look, if I can't go fast, then I'm gonna stop you from doing it too!", I said I was trying as hard as I could to pass cleanly and he goes "you should have just hit me out the way!  I would have!" :D.  Was funny - but stopped me from getting any real position, once I got past with a couple laps to go I put 3 or 4 corners between us really quickly but couldn't catch the pack.

All in all great fun.

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

oooh, no, much prefer to use my own helmet... but it has to be an old tatty one.. nothing flash.

yeah, lets aim at doing something..

RMV goes pretty well too.... you there RMV?

Offline [355]

• Token WRX Driver
  • COPTER CHAMPION

im going to buy a basic cheapie helmet for kart days....dont wanna use the good motorbike shoei
Team <200mph

• Soap Dodger

I spent the next 7-8 laps 2 inches behind the slowest guy by a mile as he made it impossible to pass cleanly. 

it was the 2 inches that made it hard to pass...

attack from further behind, his momentum was killing your own.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

it was the 2 inches that made it hard to pass...

attack from further behind, his momentum was killing your own.

No - I tried many different approaches - it was just his blocking and my sportsmanship, there were plenty of places I could have "helped" him wide through a corner, but I'm only an occasional acquaintance of this group and I didn't know the personalities well enough to know who might be a bit hot-headed.  I know now though :darkside:

Offline B2

• Slowest Ferrari Owner

I went to lemans in Dandy sth a few weeks ago...

it's exactly opposite the CCC wharehouse, Where I prep the 360GT.

I did it in the dry, loved it. Was surprisingly fast I thought.

I drove 3 karts... one was a wreck, but the other two were really good.

The big Maori guy didn't like it when I "tssst" a little air out the left front tyre on the dummy grid though... It would have been about 1/4 maybe 1/2 psi! But He made me change the kart!

We should organise a run... maybe even this week.. isn't ash coming to Mexico this week? and scud?

I'm in  :D

• Soap Dodger

#sigh# OKay :thumbsup: (edit... this is for ash!)

You can polish my trophies if I beat you. I'll show you them later this week!

B2 (b27 fchat) is a bit of a karter too... and he works around the corner of Lemans...

He and I cleaned up at an HSV karting day... I was his ringer!

it was in the height of the Mongrel in Nations Cup... I LOVED kicking all those HSV arses! bwaahhahahah!

edit... hahah B2 !

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

We should organise a run... maybe even this week.. isn't ash coming to Mexico this week? and scud?

I'm there Friday night from about 5pm - do you's do night-karts there?   I'll be busy most of saturday.