Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

anyone know where Hector got that air vent that went on the side windows?

std clear naca duct available from most motorsport shops.

Offline RS

• Drives: AMG
Hectors car is very scruffy cosmetically... but superbly prepared mechanically. Allan drives it to victory in europe alongside Hector remember. Hector is usually 2-3% slower than Allan.

This is the main car that Dave was concerned about beating last weekend, Looks like the 2 cars could hit the market at the same time and he wants his out in front on the race track ( i know the kessel car is a more attractive car to race over the challenge spec one).
Convict by heritage, Guilty by Choice

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Apparently it's on Fox Sport 2 Friday 29th Feb at 8pm - someone needs to tape it for me! :waah:

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Offline RS

should also be on SBS and 9 in the coming weeks

time and dates TBC

Spent most of the weekend down with the John Teulan Racing crew. The 430 Challenges are starting to run well now. Still no where near the full current FIA spec cars.

shame to see John's Aston come out of the sand trap with only 3 wheels, they were unable to get a new lower control arm fabricated in time for the final race on the sunday morning

• Soap Dodger

Spent most of the weekend down with the John Teulan Racing crew. The 430 Challenges are starting to run well now. Still no where near the full current FIA spec cars.

shame to see John's Aston come out of the sand trap with only 3 wheels, they were unable to get a new lower control arm fabricated in time for the final race on the sunday morning

which one are you then?

The Aston broke a stub axle.... just cracked clean off. They made a new one, but only one... and I thought the reason for not running again was because they were all over life and he didn't want to take a concrete core sample...

Lower control arm wasn't mentioned during the chat I had with them.. FWIW.

The stub axles just bolt on to the road car hub bolts... nice simple design, but not fail safe... YIKES!

Offline RS

ok i was just going from what Dave Stevens said about the Aston. John wasn't in the best mood when i spoke to him and only got a quick hello.

I'm mates with Dave so i was the one in the plain clothes hanging around (and will be at the GP as well)

I should be at sandown this weekend helping out a few of my mates with their cars in the Intermarque. Is Ted running a car there?

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

I posted this on the Lotus forum:

The lotus has well over 300 BHP and only weighs 750kg...

From the lads: http://www.aussieelises.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8051

Quote from: Peterelise
How good would it be if we really did have well over 300 BHP and weighed 750kg.  Race weight on the scales after a race is about 840kg depending on fuel level still remaining and I promise we don't have over 300 BHP.

Quote from: Mark
I spoke to Nick (the owner of Simonsen's car) on Saturday night and he believed that the Lotus was allowed to run a larger supercharger this year compared to last - any truth to it?

Quote from: Dave
Same supercharger since day 1. Same one on my car and all the Honda conversion. It's an off the shelf one from Jackson Racing.

Quote from: Peterelise
No truth to that whatsoever.  Same engine and supercharger that were in at Sandown.  That engine was bought from a wrecker the week before Sandown because I blew the "hot" engine to bits with a missed gear at Oran park round.  The engine I broke was a JDM spec engine with the cool red rocker cover and the wreckers engine is out of a bog std Australian delivered Integra type R.

The reason for the sudden increase in pace is the new softer front tyres Michelin provided this year.  Up until round 1 this year they could only provide a tyre/compound that was designed for a Porsche GT3 (which weighs almost twice as much as us).  If anyone doubts this, they should have a look at practice and qualifying times at the A1 GP meeting in early Feb.  Quickets I went in practice on the old tyres was 1 min 37.7.  The next morning on the new softer tyre, I went 1 min 34.3 in qualifying.  Factor in that the quickest I (or Scott for that matter) had ever been on new tyres with the old compound was 1 min 36.3 and you will see what a difference it has made.

A few people are saying you must have changed the engine/supercharger/fuel (add anything else anyone can think of) because look how fast it is in a straight line now.  Yes, we are materially quicker in a straight line because we are materially quicker out of the corner and onto the straight because we have better grip.  It is actually that simple.  if michelin can give us a softer tyre for the rear, then look for another leap forward in lap times  :wink:

Offline RS

I should be at sandown this weekend helping out a few of my mates with their cars in the Intermarque. Is Ted running a car there?

its ok you have already answered this on ten tenths

• Soap Dodger

I posted this on the Lotus forum:

From the lads: http://www.aussieelises.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8051

as I said, the car weighs 750kg... race weight includes the driver and remaining fuel at end of a session.

BHP... yes, well... Maybe a sub 300BHP Lotus can monster a 510BHP 430GT3... or maybe not...

The lotus has over 300BHP, and gazoodles of torque...