Offline Brenton

• 300kph+ club
  • DJ's like a mad ...........

• Drives: Yes
HI
is there a brand to get or are they more down to personal preferance.
The newer styles tend to be duckbill are these better for protection.
The guy in the shop was more of a general answer type of guy

This is intended for the odd track day

I am looking at
http://www.revolutionracegear.com.au/index.php?PCID=10324&PSO=245&PSID=522650000-&PSV=Primary&CDO=
$695

http://www.autosportdirect.com.au/itemdetailspage/18060
$549

http://www.autosportdirect.com.au/itemdetailspage/37117
$999
what are your thoughts

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

In my experience, when it comes to helmets, though they all ( those sold in Australia and permitted for use) comply by Australian Standards the more you pay the more comfortable they are to wear over a prolonged period.

The first thing you look for is what fits you best and then look at weight, venting, and the ability to have a in built headset if required as well as the field of vision it provides you, and if you wear glasses when you drive/ride, make sure the helmet allows you to wear the glasses with comfort.

Offline alvchua

• Drives: Old junks
In my experience, when it comes to helmets, though they all ( those sold in Australia and permitted for use) comply by Australian Standards the more you pay the more comfortable they are to wear over a prolonged period.

The first thing you look for is what fits you best and then look at weight, venting, and the ability to have a in built headset if required as well as the field of vision it provides you, and if you wear glasses when you drive/ride, make sure the helmet allows you to wear the glasses with comfort.
in addition - with Australian Standards - make sure it's not just a white sticker but rather something imprinted on the helmet in eg. foil as I previously bought some helmets that in spite of having a "Sticker" did not comply with CAMS rules and hence choose the ones with AS imprinted in foil. Apparently there are some chinese copies floating around which have "fake" AS stickers!

As for brands - I don't think you'll have probs with either of the 3 you have listed - get the best fitting one rather than based on price IMHO!
Forgiveness is easier to achieve than permission!

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

CAMS standard is AS1698
ADR standard is SA2005/2010

Offline Brenton

• 300kph+ club

CAMS standard is AS1698
ADR standard is SA2005/2010

Should the helmet have both of these
or is it cams for the evets and adr for the roads

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

Should the helmet have both of these
or is it cams for the evets and adr for the roads

CAMS sanctioned events require AS1698 ( dont need SA2005/2010) and I think helmets for CAMS events can only be used for 5 years

but if you get both then you can use it on the road as well ( perhaps both may be required for a Targa event on public roads)

Offline dkabab

Doesn't matter what helmet you get, as long as the design is good!

Offline leburpor

• Loves Tom Cruise

Velo.. very comfy! even on a hot day.

Offline RS

• Drives: AMG
Doesn't matter what helmet you get, as long as the design is good!

there ya go Dave  :D

Convict by heritage, Guilty by Choice

Offline Brenton

• 300kph+ club

I was think that I would just get the best looking one. But then I figured I should do some research.