Offline frog_a_lot

• Name: Cam
Was just thinking we should have a lap times thread, so after people go out on a track day or event they can come and post times etc. Then we could all see what other people are doing around a track and whats cars are capable of etc.

My suggestion is it should be set up like this:
Track, eg Wakefield
Time - Car - Mods (incl tyres) - Official or not.. and if its official include natsoft link, so for example
1:30 - Ferrari 360 - R-spec tyres - Official +Link

Offline 1q2w3e4r

Might not be a bad idea.  They run a lot of these types of things on other forums as well.  I might suggest including 1/4 mile and 60-130 mph time as well which is a direct indicator of how powerful and quick each car is.  Lap times are hugely variable dependant on the 2 foot space between the steering wheel and the seat, but that's part of the fun.

I've got the ET and traps for 3 of my cars along with the 0-60 and 60-130 times for one of them as well.  A lot of members have access to Performance Boxes as well which records all this stuff and lap times as well so no reason it couldn't get off the ground.

The best setup I've seen is by Scott (Diveextreme) over on 6speed and M3forums which also includes 0-60 mph, 60-130 mph and 1/4 mile times.  The major variable is the amount of "drop" across the run, so you can't do them on a massive decline.  Some tracks are okay for this.  Wakefield has a fairly short flat straight but you could hit the 60-130 time down it in a fast car.

Obviously any trip to a certified drag strip would give you ET and trap speed. 

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
wasn't sure where any prior V8 supercar banter was placed...

but on a weekend where lap times were generally low/fast... the V8 wobbleboxes STILL failed to go any faster than they were 11 years ago...

http://www.natsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/results.cgi?12/09/2010.PHIL.R13

shame for Steve owen and Whincup. Steve drove with us in Ted's Lambo and was a great guy to work with, and now he's pinched Simonsens V8 ride too  :tilt: Their splitter split ( :scratchchin:) which caused an oil leak and a lengthy pitstop, otherwise he may have had a win.

gotta love oil leaks eh?

Offline RS

• Drives: AMG
Dave had a solid result given the "Fair Dinkum Shed" car started from pit lane with 2 guys that don't have a lot of experience driving taxi's
Convict by heritage, Guilty by Choice

• Soap Dodger

The Formula 3's are racing at Bathurst...

would be fun to chase a set up on one of those.... Surely flat from cutting to skyline??, all about reducing drag and finding a gear I would think....

they've pipped Simonsens time, finally....

http://www.natsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/results.cgi?08/04/2012.MOUN.R16

Offline MikeG

• The World's Finest Brands

• Drives: Audi S4 V8 Quattro
  • Name: Mike Glew
Wakefield 1:14.8590 - Audi S4 4.2i Quattro - street tyres, exhaust, APR tune - Official (damp) +Link

Mt Panorama 2:52.1352 - Nissan 200SX s15 - r compound Tyres, exhaust, intake, 15PSI boost, tuning, tein coilovers, custom chiptorque tune, project mu brake rotors, road registered, et al - Official +Link
Mike
www.bestexhaust.com.au
1800 985 925

• Soap Dodger

The Formula 3's are racing at Bathurst...

would be fun to chase a set up on one of those.... Surely flat from cutting to skyline??, all about reducing drag and finding a gear I would think....

they've pipped Simonsens time, finally....

http://www.natsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/results.cgi?08/04/2012.MOUN.R16
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRrQeZN9Mt8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRrQeZN9Mt8</a>

Offline ferrarista2

• Drives: Slowly
Wakefield 1:14.8590 - Audi S4 4.2i Quattro - street tyres, exhaust, APR tune - Official (damp) +Link

Mt Panorama 2:52.1352 - Nissan 200SX s15 - r compound Tyres, exhaust, intake, 15PSI boost, tuning, tein coilovers, custom chiptorque tune, project mu brake rotors, road registered, et al - Official +Link
My mate did Wakefield in 1:05 in a datto 1600, highly modified, turbo, with street tyres.......
Another guy from the Ferrari club did 1:05 in a f430 scud with slicks  :scratchchin:
But I am sure you can log on to some sight to see all lap times at Wakefield....I will try to find it and post up link
Everything looks better in carbon fibre

Offline MikeG

• The World's Finest Brands

• Drives: Audi S4 V8 Quattro
  • Name: Mike Glew
I did a 1:15 at Wakefield over 10 years ago in a near stock Pulsar SSS.

The time posted was my first time at Wakefield since then and the first time I've driven the S4 in anger. It's a handful with stock suspension and road Tyres.  Comparing it to a Ferrari or a datto race car is not really comparing apples to apples. I was however ahead of quite a few Porsches and within a second of some serious cars, so I did ok for a practice outing...

Comparing A 430 scud on slicks to a near-stock S4 on road Tyres, is like comparing a F/A-18 fighter jet to a Cessna. :)

M
Mike
www.bestexhaust.com.au
1800 985 925

Offline dkabab

I like wakefield, its a fun track, you're always turning and hardly straight.