Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Coming from a Melbourne person I'm guessing?

Hell no! I'm a country boy. Love to visit but really wouldn't want to live there for extended periods. 

I just love the corporate boxes and free drinks and food and................ best parties I've been too.  :D

Oh yeah, the race was OK I guess, don't remember much of it but!

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
I can't give an objective opinion because I "grew up" in the heady days of it all.  I remember the ads "Adelaide comes alive in '85 - this is not a race you will want to miss!!!"

I was an absolute fanatic in those days (being all of 9 years old).

In my mind - there was no other career path for me than being a Formula One driver - sadly I eventually learned I had poor parents who couldn't even send me to gokarting more than once a year. :?

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

I remember the ads "Adelaide comes alive in '85 - this is not a race you will want to miss!!!"

OMG - I remember that now!!!

I remember the bus trip over there, was 15 at the time.

But again, I don't remember much of the race cos' I was too busy chasing skirts.   :D

sadly I eventually learned I had poor parents who couldn't even send me to gokarting more than once a year. :?

We made our own, and man how I still have 2 arms and 2 legs I do not know. Brain cells - well I think I lost a few of those.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

OMG - I remember that now!!!

Man it takes a lot of keyword fudging to find something like this!!!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_jex5eL8kY" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_jex5eL8kY</a>

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Man it takes a lot of keyword fudging to find something like this!!!

LOL.

That sort of makes me feel old now. 

Oh, and what a masterful production.  :p

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

LOL.

That sort of makes me feel old now. 

Oh, and what a masterful production.  :p

Man - I love it!!! :D  Grin on my gob watching that is unbeatable!

Just brings back soooo many memories of being 9 years old and thinking there's NOTHING you can't do.

I remember the gazillions of hours I spent drawing/painting/etc Formula One cars, and most of my immediate family are very art-oriented and was fantastic to have so much great input from them artistically - even though they all knew I'd never make it cos they couldn't afford to prop up my dreams :?

:p

Offline STi Nut

• Drives: Toyota GTS 86
Sti Nut, wasn't the race ran at night? From what I was hearing, they knew that they wouldn't make much money in Australia - apparently having the GP at night was so that it was in time for European viewers to tune in and watch it live and I think that's where they were hoping to make the bucks.

i believe they are pushing for a Twilight race to make it better for euro viewers, but this year and every year to date i believe the race started at around lunch time.....

Offline CortinaD

Fark em it's our race when it's here. They should be forced to stay up late and watch it like we have to every other race

Offline app

Fark em it's our race when it's here. They should be forced to stay up late and watch it like we have to every other race

It obviously ain't working if Melbournians are losing $40 mil a year. European viewers apprently would bring in the money.

i believe they are pushing for a Twilight race to make it better for euro viewers, but this year and every year to date i believe the race started at around lunch time.....

That would explain it, I wonder how the outcome would have been different if they had a twighlight race. I did hear that the Victorian government were against the move.  Problem is the Victorian government can't have what they want and have the race.

My prediction is Bernie Ecclestone is going to take it away. For goodness sakes if the government can't give him what he wants to allow it to stop losing so much money and him being the boss and major shareholder of F1, why should he continue with it?

EDIT: Sorry CortinaD, didn't realise you weren't from Melbourne. Just assumed that when you said "when it's here" that you were referring to Melbourne.

Offline CortinaD

Bring it back to Adelaide and ditch the taxis IMO

I'm not from melb app.