Offline SiFi

• Navigator/Serial Killer

http://www.milliondollardriverchallenge.com.au/

Mission Statement
At the Million Dollar Driver Challenge, we are different.

It is our belief that Australia is ready to embrace a different kind of motor sport event.

With this in mind, we have created a truly unique competition to best showcase the skills and talents of our participants.

All competitors will drive identical race prepared vehicles with full service crew so as to maintain a level playing field. 

This will ensure that those with the most talent, rather than the most cash and resources, will succeed in the competition.

Show us what you’ve got.  Enter now and take up the Million Dollar Driver Challenge.

The Event
From the 4th - 5th April 2009, Wakefield Park Raceway will welcome 300 challengers competing for the chance to share in an unprecedented $1,000,000 in prize money.

The inaugural Million Dollar Driver Challenge will be Australia’s richest premier motor sport event for amateur drivers.

Unlike other motor sport events, The Million Dollar Driver Challenge is unique in that it will pit drivers against each other in identical track-prepared Subaru WRX’s to showcase the drivers’ true skill and ability.

The 2 day event will provide drivers with the opportunity to display their talents through both timed track sessions as well as challenging gymkhana courses to test their speed, flair, agility and car control.

Use of the track-prepared Subaru WRX, service crew, safety equipment, track facilities and catering is all included in the entry fee of $12,390 + GST.

In addition, entrants who pay their deposit of $3,500 by 15th December 2008 will automatically go into the draw to win a brand new Mercedes Benz C63 AMG sedan, which will be drawn as part of the prize giving at the conclusion of the event on Sunday 5th April 2009.

Event Schedule
Saturday 4th April – Timed Laps
Morning Session
All competitors will be given 4 laps on the Wakefield Park Circuit:

1 out lap
2 flying laps
1 in lap
Afternoon Session
As per morning session above.

Sunday 5th April – Motorkhana & Grand Final
Morning Session
All drivers will compete in 2 motorkhana events where they will be given 2 attempts at each.
Following this session, an average of all the times from all 3 sessions will be calculated to give us the top 25 drivers who will compete in the Grand Final.

Afternoon Session
The 25 finalists will be given 4 laps on the Wakefield Park Circuit:

1 out lap
2 flying laps
1 in lap
Prize money is on offer from 1st – 6th place:

1st Place = $500,000
2nd Place = $250,000
3rd Place = $100,000
4th Place = $75,000
5th Place = $50,000
6th Place = $25,000

Offline scud

• 300kph+ club
  • Rocket man

without reading the fine print, i wonder how many cars there will be for 300 drivers? a slick tyre is best at say the 3rd lap into it's life, after that the performance will slowly disappear. then you have heat cycles the tyres will go through with drivers hoping in and out. i can't see how it's fair for a guy to go out on a green tyre which needs a lap or two to be cherry ripe, against a guy who is equaly disadvantaged by hopping in the car after 20/30 laps on the same tyre. i'm sure our resident racing expert ff will add, or maybe the other guy who dribbles shit will just waste bandwith.

Offline jmillard308

• Carpet Muncher

Nice little earner - $3.7m in entry fees, $1m in prizemoney  :?

Offline scud

• 300kph+ club
  • Rocket man

thinking again about it, they are probably going out on road tyres anyway...

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Pork
  • Name: Peter
i'm sure our resident racing expert ff will add

how hilarious. you'd know more than he does.

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline Kelsa

• Token Asian Guy
  • Crazy Chinaman @ Work

Offline scud

• 300kph+ club
  • Rocket man

Offline scud

• 300kph+ club
  • Rocket man

could be a scam, nice website, contact details etc , some will pay the deposit to go for the merc, then poof they're gone...

Offline Kelsa

• Token Asian Guy
  • Crazy Chinaman @ Work

grab your helmet...

:P with the way i was in that M3, I'd better off flushing my $13k down the toliet.

Offline OzCarSightings

• Will eat your baby
  • Photographer

• Drives: GenF HSV/Golf R32/motorbike
  • www: JanGlovac.com
Sounds like a bit of fun, but without an Evo (electronic talent that makes you look better than you are) I have no chance anyway so its throwing money away.