Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver
  • I did not lie. I was strategically misinforming u

• Drives: no friend of the left
  • Name: Buddy Miles
what is category 1?
Meeting women on the Internet? Remember, the more similarities u “magically” have, & the more she agrees with u, the fucking crazier she is.

Offline futurism

• Drives: Regretfully sold my GT3
  • Name: David
first post!
looks interesting
I will probably attend as a spectator (never been to any sort of car event before) and get an idea of what goes on at such events

the website doesnt have a lot of info
typically how many cars would enter such an event, what sort of cars, is it spectator friendly?

this maybe not the best place to ask, but what are the technical requirements for entering, helmet? fire extinguisher? cams license?
im a total newbie!

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver
  • I did not lie. I was strategically misinforming u

• Drives: no friend of the left
  • Name: Buddy Miles
first post!
looks interesting
I will probably attend as a spectator (never been to any sort of car event before) and get an idea of what goes on at such events

typically how many cars would enter such an event, what sort of cars, is it spectator friendly?

this maybe not the best place to ask, but what are the technical requirements for entering, helmet? fire extinguisher? cams license?
im a total newbie!

heck i dunno...........if i knew everything they couldnt afford me
Meeting women on the Internet? Remember, the more similarities u “magically” have, & the more she agrees with u, the fucking crazier she is.

Offline rallygraphix

Well that is what the official looking website says... http://www.mountalmamile.com

I see another update has been had then :)

It will be getting updates over the next few weeks as stuff is sorted out with it.

Offline rallygraphix

first post!
looks interesting

im a total newbie!

All of the above and a car in good mechanical order.  Fire extingisher must be bolted down.
Cams license (L2) ? is required I would expect. (Easy to get).

We are meeting there tomorrow to discuss the spectator areas and facilities location. Will know more after that.  There could be god knows how many entries. 30/ 50 / 100 Unknown at this stage. I predict around 50+ from interest shown so far. That always changes closer to the day though.

Offline NSX

• The Cow Whisperer

• Drives: Honda NSX
We are meeting there tomorrow to discuss the spectator areas and facilities location. Will know more after that.  There could be god knows how many entries. 30/ 50 / 100 Unknown at this stage. I predict around 50+ from interest shown so far. That always changes closer to the day though.

Make sure you let us know first when entries open:thumbsup:

Offline 265T

Offline rallygraphix

OK.. its defieninetly going to be an event for high horsepower cars! Steep isnt the word!!!!  19% grade sucks the power out of pretty well anything!

I did a bunch of runs down there yesterday doing some setup stuff and measuring out for the timing gear etc. Managed to get my work truck to lose its brakes on the 6th descent too ! Woot!  :scared:
I think we will be seeing some serious traction loss from the big KW cars coming out of the chicanes too.

From all expectations entries open on Feb 1st.  I would suggest (if your eligible)  I have just sent off an email asking for the final words on this category 1 stuff. Paperwork is still with cams so shouldnt be too far away.

There is plenty of parking and also spectating areas thanks to the local land owner.  Spectating will be available the whole way along the track, dangerous areas fenced off naturally. it WILL involve a bit of a walk up some pretty serious hills!! 
There is discussion on buses to transport spectators, but nothing in concrete at this point.

Offline dkabab

I think we will be seeing some serious traction loss from the big KW cars coming out of the chicanes too.

mmmm cant wait  :p

Offline rallygraphix

We have already been discussing maybe having to cap entries as well.  We saw 5 cars there in 2 hours yesterday doing "Recce" Had a chat to some of the guys as well. Word is there may be heaps of competitors!

The local landowner said there has been cars up and down there every day since word came out !!

2 x late model Evo's, A lotus, a porsche and a commodore that had a tell tale blower whine yesterday!  (And no sodways it wasnt mine)..