Offline robertb

• Poll Dancer

you have to use a 305ci mexican chev engine block and bow tie heads. Overhead gear is totally different now with jezel rockers, pistons are cosworth as per 1969, the cam is a crane with powerband lobes from 1500rpm to 7000, red line is 7800 before cut out. Old engine had power band from 6400rpm to 7500 rpm which didnt suit me.

Carby's are webers 48, it sucks petrol, Mallala in the 360ch on full song is about a 1 litre per lap, this thing is anywhere now between 3 - 4 litres of bp 98, we cant run avgas or jungle juice in the 142 or 140s' of the 60's era.

Some blokes use a block from US 355ci, cant tell the difference and I should have gone that way.....but it aint period
OK,same as the early Ford's in NB up to about 7 years ago,they had to run a Mexican block and period heads (try finding ) good ones.
Have you been able to source good used heads/block?
Why don't you run Avgas?

Offline robertb

• Poll Dancer

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver
  • I did not lie. I was strategically misinforming u

• Drives: no friend of the left
  • Name: Buddy Miles
Your front disc's are solid not vented?

very solid, from a jaguar of all things
Meeting women on the Internet? Remember, the more similarities u “magically” have, & the more she agrees with u, the fucking crazier she is.

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver

OK,same as the early Ford's in NB up to about 7 years ago,they had to run a Mexican block and period heads (try finding ) good ones.
Have you been able to source good used heads/block?
Why don't you run Avgas?

avgas means rebuilding motor to cope with it, as it is after driving the 430gt3 ferrari that I want to buy.....anyway the Lola is quicker mainly due to weight, my neck gets snapped at each gear change
Meeting women on the Internet? Remember, the more similarities u “magically” have, & the more she agrees with u, the fucking crazier she is.

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver

2nd phone call from F50000 today

they will do AGP next year and hopefully Clipsal 500

hmmmm 430gt3 is looking dusty if that happens

Offline robertb

• Poll Dancer

avgas means rebuilding motor to cope with it, as it is after driving the 430gt3 ferrari that I want to buy.....anyway the Lola is quicker mainly due to weight, my neck gets snapped at each gear change
I must say with the cost of Avgas and the logbook nonsense,I'd agree with you.
When i had the last Mustang NC car,(some said i never drove it) at the next engine rebuild I was going to knock the compression down from 12.1 to about 10.5 to 1 thus run on pump fuel................and save heaps.

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver

I must say with the cost of Avgas and the logbook nonsense,I'd agree with you.
When i had the last Mustang NC car,(some said i never drove it) at the next engine rebuild I was going to knock the compression down from 12.1 to about 10.5 to 1 thus run on pump fuel................and save heaps.

what you lose on power you gain in back pocket or my case right hand top pocket credit card slot

Offline robertb

• Poll Dancer

what you lose on power you gain in back pocket or my case right hand top pocket credit card slot
yep for sure,I always took my own fuel along where possiable ,straight from a mates station or the airport.
We figured in the Boss 302 we would loose about 20 bhp but as you said the cost savings.

Offline robertb

• Poll Dancer

have you thought of boaring out the 48s to 50s?

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver

have you thought of boaring out the 48s to 50s?
wont achieve much, I'm a novice at best and hopeless at worst