Offline flamestone

• Geekographer

• Drives: to and from everywhere
  • Name: Shane
  • www: Flamestone.com
How good would this be to see?  I've never seen motorsport inside a sports stadium, but it must be a huge atmosphere.

http://www.wrc.com/jsp/index.jsp?lnk=101&id=2175&desc=Loeb%20versus%20Schumacher

Sebastien Loeb and Michael Schumacher, the two most successful drivers in both Formula 1 and World Rally history, will race each other head-to-head at this year’s Race of Champions.

After missing last year’s race, Loeb has confirmed his attendance at the 2008 season-ending competition, where some of the biggest names in motorsport battle against each other on a track built inside London’s Wembley Stadium.

This year’s race will take place on December 14 will be made up of two separate competitions - The ROC Nations Cup and The Race of Champions. Each competition pits drivers against each other in a head-to-head knockout format; with equal equipment ensuring races are won and lost on talent alone.

After reaching the finals of The Race of Champions every year from 2002 to 2006 and winning the overall title of “Champion of Champions” in 2003 and 2005, Loeb is one of the favourites for victory this year. In The ROC Nations Cup, Loeb will head up France’s entry as they aim to reclaim the title that they last won on home soil, at the Stade de France, in 2004. Loeb’s team-mate will be confirmed at a later date.

“I'm very happy to come back to The Race of Champions as it's an event that I really enjoy,” said Loeb. “Last year I couldn't come because I had a very busy schedule with my baby girl Valentine being born just before the event. It will be very nice to compete against Michael again like in 2004. We live very close to each other, but rarely have a chance to meet. Last time we actually met was on a track racing motorcycles. Michael was a little bit faster than me, but I hope to get my revenge in identical cars at The Race of Champions."

Although Loeb has been more successful than Schumacher in The Race of Champions, Schumacher came out on top when the two competed head-to-head in the 2004 event.

Fredrik Johnsson, President of event organisers, IMP, is delighted at Loeb’s confirmation. “It’s fantastic to have Sebastien return to The Race of Champions after missing last year’s event. This announcement means that with him and Michael Schumacher, we now have the two most successful drivers in the history of both Formula 1 and World Rallying set to compete at Wembley. Sebastien’s record in the World Rally Championship is simply incredible and his two victories in The Race of Champions show that he is one of the greatest drivers in motorsport.”