Offline 993tits

• Pepé Le Porsche

So, decision is made! The 993 is in the workshop now being turned from semi road car to track tart. Have reviewed the choice of doing a full tarmac rally season or picking a track championship to run in and decided to run Prod Sports next year in class B. Car will be put onto the right power to weight ratio and slicks are going on as we speak. Got some stuff to pull out from the inside and a bit of fiddling with pedals to get the right heel/toe heights etc, but it should be fun.

Next Tuesday, 4th of December is a Prod Sports track day and I am taking it out to the track to makesure everything is working OK and that it is setup correctly for me and then roll on 2013!

Now, here is the conundrum I am faced with.....................road toy gets moved to track toy and I have just bought a new Range Rover as a daily.............................seems the slot marked "road toy" is empty.......................and Xmas is coming up too! Oh Boy!!!!!! :thumbsup:
Always Gunna

Offline Joel

So, decision is made! The 993 is in the workshop now being turned from semi road car to track tart. Have reviewed the choice of doing a full tarmac rally season or picking a track championship to run in and decided to run Prod Sports next year in class B. Car will be put onto the right power to weight ratio and slicks are going on as we speak. Got some stuff to pull out from the inside and a bit of fiddling with pedals to get the right heel/toe heights etc, but it should be fun.

Next Tuesday, 4th of December is a Prod Sports track day and I am taking it out to the track to makesure everything is working OK and that it is setup correctly for me and then roll on 2013!

Now, here is the conundrum I am faced with.....................road toy gets moved to track toy and I have just bought a new Range Rover as a daily.............................seems the slot marked "road toy" is empty.......................and Xmas is coming up too! Oh Boy!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Well you know you will have to fill that void.... Maybe something a little different to the 993..... Lil unreliable Italian??
Is the track day open to sticky beaks??

Offline 993tits

• Pepé Le Porsche

Well you know you will have to fill that void.... Maybe something a little different to the 993..... Lil unreliable Italian??
Is the track day open to sticky beaks??

Track day is open.............it is at Eastern Creek or it's new alter ego Sydney Motorsport Park

Dont know if I can do Italian............makes me feel a little queasy
Always Gunna

Offline Joel

Track day is open.............it is at Eastern Creek or it's new alter ego Sydney Motorsport Park

Dont know if I can do Italian............makes me feel a little queasy

I might pop my head in.

Gotta try it once in your life haha nice 430Scud would fit perfect.

Offline j15

you might strike upon the conundrum that others on here have. That is, you enjoy racing, but it makes performance road cars feel boring by comparison.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
You would be far, far better off buying a proper race car rather than trying to reinvent the wheel and convert your road car.
You will end up with a car that is ruined for normal road driving and it won't be competitive with the full blown race weapons.

Been there, done that, blown a fortune and came away disillusioned. I spent $150k building an RX-7 twin turbo Targa car and it was a nightmare. Just after I finished it, Mazda released the RX-7 SP for $110k *sigh*
Mine was as reliable as a 2 bob watch; but shit it was fast..................for an hour or so until it blew up something, or multiple somethings. Managed to come 13th outright one year, blew it up comprehensively front to back the 2nd year. Sold the remains for $7000 last year  :doh:

Philly might be wrong on many things; but he is spot on when he says "road cars are for the road and race cars are for the track". They are totally different animals.

Sorry to rain on your parade :(

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
Is that a Diablo exhaust on the roof?  :D

Offline PA

• One man comedy gala

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession

Philly might be wrong on many things; but he is spot on when he says "road cars are for the road and race cars are for the track". They are totally different animals.

Oi! I thought I was wrong once, but I was wrong about that!

Good luck titsy.....

But you'd be better off keeping the beetle as a fast roadie, and racing a Radical......