Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
Bump again!!

Bugger me, it's another year already!!!!

Hey Pete... I see you did it too now.....!!!!

http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showpost.php?p=140490258&postcount=168

Completed a Racecraft day at EC with Paul Stokell & his team in the new Radical along with a bunch of other radicals. It was a great day of instruction & racecraft lessons with theory & practical on track, we even had a sports psychologist give a short presentation. Very professionally run by Radical & Stokell.

I am starting to feel more and more comfortable in the car, the more seat time I have the faster I'm going. The grip in this car is just phenomenal, once you learn to trust the car has a mechanical grip threshold then you go further & the aero grip kicks in, amazing. Most of the guys who have been driving a little longer than me all take turn 1 at EC at full noise in 6th gear. After last monday I reckon next time at the track I will be doing the same, on monday just an ever so slight lift of throttle to wash a tiny bit of speed - its very hard to forget going for a heap of brakes in a road car before turning in to the corner - then turn in & plant the throttle again. It has taken a little while to recalibrate my senses from road cars at EC, which is all I have driven there, once you learn to trust the aero grip it is amazing.

The brakes are just sensational, the Scud has brilliant brakes, but the mechanical & aero grip together in the Radical is just awesome, you can go another 40-50m + into corners before braking.

When I left on monday all I wanted to do was get back to the track the next day, will have to wait until end of the month for another day. It can't come soon enough, the more I drive it the more fun I have, especially given you are learning the nuances of the car & getting faster each time.

Offline psw

• Keep smiling

Hey Phil, sitting in my office killing some time & jumped onto here for a look & saw this thread & post, yes I did more than try a Radical, I bought one, simply awesome car   :thumbsup:

See a couple of photos attached here, our new livery just completed. I also have a track day vid of my last outing at EC, pre new livery, still getting used to the car, my best time to date on this vid. It is a long video & I can't edit it with my current software, more to the point I don't know how, the file format we are given by Radical each time doesn't suit my Mac & editing, will need to learn how  :doh:

Anyhow fast forward to lap 3 when tyres, car & driver better warmed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGHkPqKvxtw

Keep Smiling

Offline 993tits

• Pepé Le Porsche

Pete, you will have to share the info with me....costs and so on....I am seriuosly thinking of going this way too..........dont tell Phil though.......he hates it when I sound like I agree with him.....me being a Porsche owner and all!
Always Gunna

Offline RS

• Drives: AMG
Hey Phil, sitting in my office killing some time & jumped onto here for a look & saw this thread & post, yes I did more than try a Radical, I bought one, simply awesome car   :thumbsup:

See a couple of photos attached here, our new livery just completed. I also have a track day vid of my last outing at EC, pre new livery, still getting used to the car, my best time to date on this vid. It is a long video & I can't edit it with my current software, more to the point I don't know how, the file format we are given by Radical each time doesn't suit my Mac & editing, will need to learn how  :doh:

Anyhow fast forward to lap 3 when tyres, car & driver better warmed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGHkPqKvxtw

Like the livery very cool  :thumbsup:
Convict by heritage, Guilty by Choice

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al
@ psw.  Bastard, hate you  :)
C'mon, do it!

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
Pete, you will have to share the info with me....costs and so on....I am seriuosly thinking of going this way too..........dont tell Phil though.......he hates it when I sound like I agree with him.....me being a Porsche owner and all!
actually I only hate it when I agree with idiots.

But if one sees i'm right, again, it gets me all warm and fuzzy :cool:

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Does it have those Rose petal thingys in the right place but?????     :doh:

Offline psw

• Keep smiling

Does it have those Rose petal thingys in the right place but?????     :doh:
If you're referring to paddles, yes, do I dedect a slightly sarcastic tone in that comment - it seems it's good enough for F1, the pinnacle of motorsport IMO , so I reckon it's good enough for me.

Are you still one of those using antiquated gear stick & clutch on track, get with the new technology  :)
Keep Smiling

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

If you're referring to paddles, yes, do I dedect a slightly sarcastic tone in that comment - it seems it's good enough for F1, the pinnacle of motorsport IMO , so I reckon it's good enough for me.

Are you still one of those using antiquated gear stick & clutch on track, get with the new technology  :)

lol - no didn't mean that, FF knows what I'm talking about.    :p

http://aussieexotics.com/forum/cars/roaring-forties-gt40-article-9660.0.html

Offline psw

• Keep smiling

lol - no didn't mean that, FF knows what I'm talking about.    :p

http://aussieexotics.com/forum/cars/roaring-forties-gt40-article-9660.0.html

Now I get it  :doh: must have been overly sensitive last night - we all know Phil will find something is wrong in every car ;) -  that said he probably has more experience on race cars than anyone else here. I don't think I could argue against him when it came to race car engineering, driving them maybe I can hold my own  :p
Keep Smiling