Offline B2

• Slowest Ferrari Owner

Sadly Brett Radical Australia changed the eligibility in Radical Australia Cup to only SR3's & the only races the SR8's can do now are NSW state Super Sports  :(
But it's a Radical.  :confused:

Why did they change the eligibility?  I assume they sold the cars to you guys and they weren't cheap.  You can have two classes within the one field, happens all the time, the Pro and Am classes within Carrera Cup, or GT3 Challenge ect ect.  You and the other owners must be very angry over that.

I hope they gave you a refund. ;)

Offline psw

• Keep smiling

But it's a Radical.  :confused:

Why did they change the eligibility?  I assume they sold the cars to you guys and they weren't cheap.  You can have two classes within the one field, happens all the time, the Pro and Am classes within Carrera Cup, or GT3 Challenge ect ect.  You and the other owners must be very angry over that.

I hope they gave you a refund. ;)
Refunds I wish ...& yes I wasn't happy, there was lobbying from within from SR3 owners to change back to only SR3's, it initially seemed sensible to have SR8's in the field like Europe, sadly the SR8 take up wasn't what was expected in Aus. Most of the other SR8 owners have heaps of money & didn't seem too concerned, either racing their other cars & hoping to sell their SR8, or just keeping them for state rounds & track days. I still have the SR3 but probably won't race RAC again because of what happened, its a good series & great bunch of other owners, wonderful camaraderie between the racers, but the owners of Radical Aus have fuicked us SR8 owners with no compensation, sadly the SR8's now have limited resale in Aus.
Keep Smiling

Offline B2

• Slowest Ferrari Owner

Refunds I wish ...& yes I wasn't happy, there was lobbying from within from SR3 owners to change back to only SR3's, it initially seemed sensible to have SR8's in the field like Europe, sadly the SR8 take up wasn't what was expected in Aus. Most of the other SR8 owners have heaps of money & didn't seem too concerned, either racing their other cars & hoping to sell their SR8, or just keeping them for state rounds & track days. I still have the SR3 but probably won't race RAC again because of what happened, its a good series & great bunch of other owners, wonderful camaraderie between the racers, but the owners of Radical Aus have fuicked us SR8 owners with no compensation, sadly the SR8's now have limited resale in Aus.

Thats shocking Pete.  Irrespective if there is one car or 10 cars (SR8's) I don't see why you can't compete, it's not like it costs them anything and you'd be in a different class to the SR3's.  Nuts.  How to ruin a loyal customer.  I know you put a lot into the series with sponsorship and all and thats how they thank you!!!

When I ran in the 944 series (briefly), sometimes we were combined with another series.  Didn't worry me, different lap times, you always found someone to have fun with on track.

Hopefully you can find something else to race that you like.  It's a real shame as the Radical is a true race car.  I'll get the Argo up to Sydney at some point, you'll have to have a go in that mate. :)

Offline psw

• Keep smiling

Thats shocking Pete.  Irrespective if there is one car or 10 cars (SR8's) I don't see why you can't compete, it's not like it costs them anything and you'd be in a different class to the SR3's.  Nuts.  How to ruin a loyal customer.  I know you put a lot into the series with sponsorship and all and thats how they thank you!!!

When I ran in the 944 series (briefly), sometimes we were combined with another series.  Didn't worry me, different lap times, you always found someone to have fun with on track.

Hopefully you can find something else to race that you like.  It's a real shame as the Radical is a true race car.  I'll get the Argo up to Sydney at some point, you'll have to have a go in that mate. :)
Thanks Brett, I may well go historic racing, one of the other SR8 owners has done that in an F5000, would love to see your beast at the track if you make it up here or I make it down to PI when you have it out  :)
Keep Smiling

Offline Condor Man

• Is it a Bird?? Well, sort of, Yes.... 300kph+ club
  • Plastic Surgeon

• Drives: A car
I have to say...... One of these would be truly amazing!!!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImJGw-3XqL0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImJGw-3XqL0</a>
May the Horse be with you....

Offline B2

• Slowest Ferrari Owner

Sadly Brett Radical Australia changed the eligibility in Radical Australia Cup to only SR3's & the only races the SR8's can do now are NSW state Super Sports  :(

Looking at the Natsoft results, Neale Muston was the only one to take his car out at the weekend.  First time too that I've actually seen anyone beat Neale.  He seemed to own that series for a long period of time.  A very good steerer.

Offline Tiger

The SR8 is an awesome bit of kit, the v8 based Bussa motor makes great power in a mild state of tune at 10,000rpm redline it would push out a lot more revs if it needed to.

Here are a few pictures of the motor, it uses standard Suzuki Bussa parts, rods, pistons, barrels, head etc. It makes for a cheap serviceable motor. as you can see they turned the barrel/head around so it has two timing chains front and rear for each bank.     
Roll on summer

Offline psw

• Keep smiling

Looking at the Natsoft results, Neale Muston was the only one to take his car out at the weekend.  First time too that I've actually seen anyone beat Neale.  He seemed to own that series for a long period of time.  A very good steerer.
There is really only 2-3 of us in NSW that still have our SR8's, Neale has generally owned both RAC & Supersports, you're right he's a very good steerer, he just recently co-drove last race with James Winslow in the Asian Lemans series in a LMP3 car & they won.

The format for the weekend racing is reverse grid for 2nd race, hence I suspect why Neale only second in that race & a DNF 3rd race, Darren in the Stohr is also very quick, they have a tunnel chassis as good as ground effects so generally quicker through many corners.
Keep Smiling