Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Pork
  • Name: Peter
She is a radiologist and her specialty is juvenile cranial trauma, no amount of fitness would help him, if he had his skull drilled in the first 10 minutes there maybe hope and being transported in a helicopter didnt help the situation due to air pressure differences.

When a head hits an object at speed the result is diffuse axonal injury because the grey and white are at different densities and because of differing relative inertia they will decelerate at different speeds and the interconnecting nerves fracture or break.

This would be why the news reports say he has multiple areas of bruising or haemorrhage of the brain

ta.

you're a skier...did you see that video?? He wasn't even being careless, it seems. Just dumb bad luck.

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver
  • I did not lie. I was strategically misinforming u

• Drives: no friend of the left
  • Name: Buddy Miles
Sitting in Nieko atm, correct, but even the most simplest of accidents can be fatal. He just hit a rock that ordinarily would have been covered in snow
Meeting women on the Internet? Remember, the more similarities u “magically” have, & the more she agrees with u, the fucking crazier she is.

Offline dkabab

Shuey has forever been a hero of mine and it pains me to see this happen to him.

I have a friend who i grew up with from kindergarten through to high school who had an accident playing baseball in america 10 years ago. Was pitching when a ball was hit back at him into his temple, following falling back and hitting his head on the ground.

long story short, he had half his skull removed while in an induced coma to relieve the brain swelling. Although he's somewhat recovered now, he's not the same guy i grew up with. its almost like he's physically the same guy, but his brain was swapped with someone else. he acts like an immature teenager mixed with a lot of anger to people in his past for no particular reasons. Its as if his memories of events and people in his past have jumbled. He also tries to talk very fast and its hard to understand him.

Its a great shame because we were great friends, and although i am still friends with him, he's not the same person he once was and its very hard for me to converse with him.

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver
  • I did not lie. I was strategically misinforming u

• Drives: no friend of the left
  • Name: Buddy Miles
Just watched the footage, thats not off piste, he went cross country from one run to another....basically a fluke accident
Meeting women on the Internet? Remember, the more similarities u “magically” have, & the more she agrees with u, the fucking crazier she is.

Offline blackr35

Where there's life there's hope - Jesse Ryder was in a coma/ICU with fractured skull etc after an assault and he's back to playing international sport. Fingers crossed.

March 2013
The New Zealand cricketer Jesse Ryder is in a critical condition in Christchurch Hospital after suffering severe head injuries in a late night assault outside a bar.

Detective Senior Sergeant Brian Archer of Christchurch Police told a news conference today that it appeared the cricketer had been assaulted twice and suffered the head injuries in the second assault.

Radio New Zealand reported late Wednesday that Ryder was in a coma in the intensive care unit with a fractured skull, punctured lung and internal bleeding.

Jan 2014
In the midst of Anderson's carnage, it was easy to forget the significance of Ryder's century, more for himself. This was only his second match for New Zealand since the horrific incident outside a Christchurch pub last year where he was assaulted and hospitalised. Ryder was miraculously back on his feet before the domestic season and won his place back in the ODI squad.

Offline OzCarSightings

• Will eat your baby
  • Photographer

• Drives: GenF HSV/Golf R32/motorbike
  • www: JanGlovac.com
I met him last year in Dubai (he was sky diving at the same place) and he was a complete jerk when he approached me after seeing me take a photo of him - unfortunately it ruined my perception of a childhood hero.

However this accident has shocked and saddened me and I'm hoping he can pull through and make a full recovery!

Offline Joel

Where there's life there's hope - Jesse Ryder was in a coma/ICU with fractured skull etc after an assault and he's back to playing international sport. Fingers crossed.

March 2013
The New Zealand cricketer Jesse Ryder is in a critical condition in Christchurch Hospital after suffering severe head injuries in a late night assault outside a bar.

Detective Senior Sergeant Brian Archer of Christchurch Police told a news conference today that it appeared the cricketer had been assaulted twice and suffered the head injuries in the second assault.

Radio New Zealand reported late Wednesday that Ryder was in a coma in the intensive care unit with a fractured skull, punctured lung and internal bleeding.

Jan 2014
In the midst of Anderson's carnage, it was easy to forget the significance of Ryder's century, more for himself. This was only his second match for New Zealand since the horrific incident outside a Christchurch pub last year where he was assaulted and hospitalised. Ryder was miraculously back on his feet before the domestic season and won his place back in the ODI squad.

He is a mate of my mates over there. It's a great story of his recovery. 
His problem is his a big drinker with a big mouth and it caught up with him. Not agreeing what happened obviously.

Sometime mirciles can happen and hopefully Michael can pull thru with it.

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Pork
  • Name: Peter
I met him last year in Dubai (he was sky diving at the same place) and he was a complete jerk when he approached me after seeing me take a photo of him - unfortunately it ruined my perception of a childhood hero.

However this accident has shocked and saddened me and I'm hoping he can pull through and make a full recovery!

Can you elaborate on that? It flies in the face of every other story I've ever heard about him.

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

The story of Michael Schumacher that I keep remembering is him going bunta at his brother Ralph wanting to invest money in adult shops in Europe.  The Schumacher name was too valuable to be tarnished like that.

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
Can you elaborate on that? It flies in the face of every other story I've ever heard about him.

Oh come on. That's silly.

We all know he's no Angel. On or off track.

No doubt anyone in his situation would get fed up with photographers from time to time.

He stole HH Frentzens girlfriend too!

But he's a champion and a legend. It's gutting what's happened.

Latest Discussions

BOARD TOPIC MEMBER POSTED
[ Off Topic ] Real Estate Aircon Today at 17:02
[ Porsche ] The Porsche Chat random BS thread 360c Today at 17:01
[ McLaren ] OFFICIAL - MCLAREN P1 360c Today at 16:39
[ Cars ] Underground Parking at Home 360c Today at 16:37
[ Cars ] Stolen R8 BenC Today at 16:20
[ Mercedes Benz AMG ] AMG GT R mhh Today at 16:10
[ Ferrari ] 812 Superfast Condor Man Today at 14:20
[ Off Topic ] The Transcontinental BS thread diabloinoz Today at 09:02
[ Porsche ] 991.2 GT3 Confirmed JBO Today at 08:07
[ Cars ] The cool other car photo thread Brenton Yesterday at 21:05