Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
Seems he was a friend of a few in here.....condolences to you.

yeah, he was Dodger.

Allan arrived in Oz in 2002 as part of a deal done where "we (the PHR race team)" sold the Schumacher F1 car. Allan was a friend of someone involved in the deal, and this friend asked that Allan be given a chance in a car here rather than taking a simple payment. Allan had friends like that all over the place.

I ran Allan in the 360 Challenge car and we clicked, as cheeky racers not afraid to say what we thought, regardless of consequences. He made many friends in and out of the team and settled to live in Melbourne for a while.

He helped me move house and workshop. He lodged with me and my family when we lived in Sandringham for a long time until he got an apartment. He spent time with my kids playing and teaching them all kinds of good and bad things. He lived in my workshop apartment temporarily too, the dirty bastard, that apt can tell some stories.

He was always up for a laugh, and happy to be on either end of a joke.

One of my ex DK engineering friends came out for a working holiday one year, and worked for me. By now the race team had collapsed so I ran Allan privately as a subcontractor to Mark Coffey. My mate helped us one race weekend at Winton, and we stitched Allan up a treat.... there was this grid girl.... Cameron Diaz look-a-like.... obviously he was all over her.... but she played coy.

After the racing, on the way home, Allan was up the road in a car and we were in the truck behind. Allan didn't have my mates phone no. so we texted Allan from it, pretending to be the grid girl and getting him all hot and bothered....

It was fucking hilarious for us, we nearly crashed the truck, and Allan got all testy with us calling us a prick tease while he thought we were her, and then calling us all kinds of names when we revealed our conspiracy....

Ultimately of course, I gave Allan the girls real number and of course, the James-Hunt-a-like bastard that he was, had the ultimate last laugh... sending me some pics of her, errr, feeding him some ice cream......

Another time, I was driving him down to Phillip island early in the thick fog.... he was dozing with his feet on the dash... I drove up close to a slow truck and jammed on my brakes and screamed "OH FUUUCKKKKK"""......he sprang from his half sleep and he shat himself and thought we were going under it.......

he swore he'd get me back.... and I'm going to always regret it not happening now.

Another time, he had girlfriend come for a track day in the 360C, she was a nervous passenger, small framed but with big boobs so the belts didn't hold her very tight..... he went around Phillip island with her in the seat, drifiting the car and then going fast and doing a 1.37 on knackered slicks.... she rolled out of the car at the end, and puked her breakfast all over the place. he just laughed and laughed.....

His accent was funny of course, being a Mika Hakkinen-a-like in looks and voice... One day on the radio he said to me "the wiper is leaking oil"..... I thought, shit, who's put something in the washer bottle???? It turned out he meant the Viper ahead of him is leaking oil...... had me worried there for a moment.

But the bit that was amazing, was his amazing speed...... he could wring every last nanosecond from most cars. He never really clicked with the V8 supercars  but could still do a solid job, but in a GT car he was incredible. So committed to delivering the perfect lap, and so often doing it at important times despite various issues with the car/track/weather etc...

Offline PA

• One man comedy gala

RIP Allan. Such a sad thing to happen.

Phil thanks for sharing your memories of Allan.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

• Soap Dodger

such sad news, his youth makes it even sadder.  So much life missed out on.

bear in mind bikes only have 2 wheels, I wonder if something broke as those massive bits of sticky rubber should have held his course on a dry track.

the blue strip was slippery with rain still, if you freeze frame the vid I posted, you can watch him feed in opposite lock as the slide generates, but then at the end of the blue strip he still has all the opposite lock applied, and up ahead the Ferrari makes a puff of smoke and the yellow waves..... seemed to be enough to distract him long enough to cause a small mistake.

Then, the car shot off to the fence. as the left rear suddenly got grip again.. those trees used to be unfenced and just painted white... but the fence is very close to the trees, so it couldn't deform properly.

The car didn't break, no point trying to blame the team. The car was amazing.

If there is any blame, its in the fence placement. Too close to the trees.

• Soap Dodger

There's way more, some of them are even printable.

Offline notsofast

+2

Great post Phil, lets remember him well by sharing good memories of him.

I saw the accident, thought he was ok, fell asleep, woke up, opened up a motorsport news site along with the Ten stream, read the headline and was just shocked beyond words. Cannot believe he is gone. Followed him since he started racing in Australia, held him in very high regard, didnt know him personally but from those who did had great things to speak of him.

Im watching the race but I dont really care who wins now-except for GT, I want Aston to win GT PRO in his memory.

Apparently after his death was confirmed Denmark held a minutes silence for him.

Thankyou Allan. Rest In Peace.

Offline flamestone

• Geekographer

• Drives: to and from everywhere
  • Name: Shane
  • www: Flamestone.com
lets remember him well by sharing good memories of him.

Agreed.

Let's remember how devastatingly fast he was around Bathurst in Pete's 458.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Shit. :(

I hardly ever take note of racing stuff nowadays, but oddly enough I was reading the thread on it last night and the last post I read was about his crash and that he was reported conscious - then wake up to this.

Offline Horse

• Hung like Einstein

• Soap Dodger

One small correction.

FWIW, I don't think he was actually married, but he lived as such for a while.

His little girl is just a year old, and he loved his dog deeply too.

I told him having kids would cost him two tenths per minute per kid...

He just laughed and said he had that to spare.