Linked Events

• Sprint & DriveBathurst: Wed, 11 Nov, 2009 - Sun, 15 Nov, 2009

Offline flamestone

• Geekographer

• Drives: to and from everywhere
  • Name: Shane
  • www: Flamestone.com
I hope all goes well & you become a father soon, hope you have been attending the birthing classes with your wife :)

Thanks.  And of course I did.  And I almost never talked about cars and almost always focused totally on her and the baby.   ;)

Offline 1q2w3e4r

Have just been up there for the Drive event.  Great event, more track time than last year (and there was HEAPS of track time for the Drive event) the Super sprint guys got the short end of the stick.

Have a good time.  They have a good crew

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al
Thanks.  And of course I did.  And I almost never talked about cars and almost always focused totally on her and the baby.   ;)

I just wish your idiot mates wouldn't have interrupted so often when wheels fell off their rides!  :)
C'mon, do it!

Offline 1q2w3e4r

Apparently the boys who took out the super sprint last year in their R33 GTR are back this year with an R34.

They ran a 2:10 today  :eek:

Offline Mario

• Name: Polish Doctor
Interesting to see if there will be any R 35's   :cool:

Offline 1q2w3e4r

Yeah there would be.  There was about 4 at the Drive Event Wednesday and Thursday, one of them must have been modified because it was honking up Mountain Straight. 

Offline scud

• 300kph+ club
  • Rocket man

Apparently the boys who took out the super sprint last year in their R33 GTR are back this year with an R34.

They ran a 2:10 today  :eek:
2:10 around Bathurst? I call bs

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
2:10 around Bathurst? I call bs

quite do-able I reckon.... in an open class with no limit on power/spec.... 4 WD at Bathurst with ~600 BHP on tap or more.

Gentleman driver Tony Quinn did it in standard Aston GT3 car the other week....

http://www.natsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/results.cgi?11/10/2009.MOUN.R3

Offline 1q2w3e4r

Yeah, 2:12 in qualifying.  It ran a 2:13 in the Super Sprint and took it out by a fair margin apparently. 

Offline psw

• Keep smiling

Just got back from the event, Mt Panorama was brilliant, honestly intimidating at first, especially over Mcphillamy & Skyline, took me a day plus to get comfortable and really start to enjoy it, confidence started to kick in on saturday arvo and sunday.

For the sprint, Sunday morning was when track at its best, after midday the times got worse, everything started to go off, it became too hot, 55 deg track temperatures.

I cooked my pads (throw away) & second set of new Hoosiers, organisers wouldn't let me run slicks on car without a roll cage, was pretty happy with my time though, reckon if it wasn't so hot & I didn't cook tyres I would have got under 2.30. I had a chat with organisers after the event & I reckon they will let me run slicks next time if I go, then i reckon a 2.28 is possible.

Paul Stokell was one of the instructors and he did a couple of quick laps with me as passenger, just awesome driver, really smooth  :thumbsup: he did a 2.28 easily & said he reckoned the car was a 2.26 on Hoosiers & a couple seconds better again on slicks, not bad for a stock road registered Ferrari.

All in all a sensational weekend  :D :D :D

Am trying to reduce the file size of the in car video I took, (not very good at this ) massive file size, if I succeed I will post it up.

Btw the GTR was awesome car as were a couple of the Ferrari race cars and naturally the quick Porsches.

http://www.natsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/results.cgi?15/11/2009.MOUN.S20.Y
Keep Smiling