Linked Events

• Sprint & DriveBathurst: Wed, 11 Nov, 2009 - Sun, 15 Nov, 2009

Offline 993tits

• Pepé Le Porsche

Just got back from the event, Mt Panorama was brilliant, honestly intimidating at first, especially over Mcphillamy & Skyline, took me a day plus to get comfortable and really start to enjoy it, confidence started to kick in on saturday arvo and sunday.

For the sprint, Sunday morning was when track at its best, after midday the times got worse, everything started to go off, it became too hot, 55 deg track temperatures.

I cooked my pads (throw away) & second set of new Hoosiers, organisers wouldn't let me run slicks on car without a roll cage, was pretty happy with my time though, reckon if it wasn't so hot & I didn't cook tyres I would have got under 2.30. I had a chat with organisers after the event & I reckon they will let me run slicks next time if I go, then i reckon a 2.28 is possible.

Paul Stokell was one of the instructors and he did a couple of quick laps with me as passenger, just awesome driver, really smooth  :thumbsup: he did a 2.28 easily & said he reckoned the car was a 2.26 on Hoosiers & a couple seconds better again on slicks, not bad for a stock road registered Ferrari.

All in all a sensational weekend  :D :D :D

Am trying to reduce the file size of the in car video I took, (not very good at this ) massive file size, if I succeed I will post it up.

Btw the GTR was awesome car as were a couple of the Ferrari race cars and naturally the quick Porsches.

http://www.natsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/results.cgi?15/11/2009.MOUN.S20.Y

Well done Pete......Glad you had a great time and came home safe and sound........Cant wait for the stories! :thumbsup: :D
Always Gunna

Offline psw

• Keep smiling

Finally worked out how to compress & upload to youtube, here it is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfSdIK7OQaA
Keep Smiling

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
good stuff pete

just realised you're not 1neon anymore?????

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al
Finally worked out how to compress & upload to youtube, here it is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfSdIK7OQaA

HOLEY MOLEY. How good does that freakin Scud sound. Nice you call it 'just a ferrari on street tyres too'  :)
C'mon, do it!

• Soap Dodger

HOLEY MOLEY. How good does that freakin Scud sound. Nice you call it 'just a ferrari on street tyres too'  :)

you SO need to get a run in a race car!....

look at the natsoft times..... a wheezy 10 year old 360 challenge with super slow gearshifts and amateur driver is faster than petes 430 SCUD.....

Great road car it may be, but it STILL aint no track car! (sorry pete  :tilt:)

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al

look at the natsoft times..... a wheezy 10 year old 360 challenge with super slow gearshifts and amateur driver is faster than petes 430 SCUD.....

I've had a few laps in racecars mate - you're right that they are deadset mind altering. That takes nothing away from the noise of that Scud though - it's a beast.
C'mon, do it!

• Soap Dodger

I've had a few laps in racecars mate - you're right that they are deadset mind altering. That takes nothing away from the noise of that Scud though - it's a beast.

on the same natsoft link... the 430 GT3 down as doing 2.27 or so... is capable of doing ~2.10 (in highly skilled hands) .... same engine and weight as a SCUD, all done with downforce and grip.....

Offline psw

• Keep smiling

Phil, Operative word is RACE car, slicks, suspension etc all spell faster times, but by the same token you can't drive & enjoy one on the road, Scud is always a compromise for the track, but a very good one.

I was all lined up to jump in Halloran's 430 GT3 - if it really is a 430GT3- with John Bowe for a few laps and the car wouldn't start, sitting in buckled up ready to go, a little disappointing. Probably going to Eastern Creek next month to see them.
Keep Smiling

Offline psw

• Keep smiling

on the same natsoft link... the 430 GT3 down as doing 2.27 or so... is capable of doing ~2.10 (in highly skilled hands) .... same engine and weight as a SCUD, all done with downforce and grip.....

I heard about 80-100kg lighter again than Scud.
Keep Smiling

• Soap Dodger

I heard about 80-100kg lighter again than Scud.

yes it is a real 430GT3... what made you suspect otherwise?????

it's not one of those Teulan mock ups.

430GT3 weighs about 1290 from factory, but with extra data, cool suit, drinks bottles, other equipment, spare seat, fuel and a few coats of bog and paint, they get up towards 1400 pretty quick.

Of course, yes, can't drive on the road.

Bugger about breakdown...  My truck came back today so I got all the news as they hired it.

Yes, they're at E Creek same weekend as Homebush GT races... (they don't race at the moment), but I'll be at Homebush with the Lambo, so come and say hi there too!