Offline 993tits

• Pepé Le Porsche

I aligned a 993 Carrera S (chictronic) this week...

Lovely thing to adjust.... dreamy to get to everything, and fully adjustable all round. I like the way the front strut is designed for camber adjustments at the upright connection... just crack the bolts off and kick it to where you want it!

Great cars 993's... an S manual would be a nice daily. The air cooled ones sound so much nicer than the wetties.

of course, the TT S.... yeah baby....

But I'd rather a 355!

355's are the natural prey of 993 Turbos............The Turbo is a more brutal thing.......very dependant on boost/revs being just right but kind to you none the less. The 355 is a revver and likes to be talked into things rather than foreced to do stuff........interestingly, as much as everyone talks about the huge hunk of engine hanging out the back of the 993, the Germish had it sorted by the time the 993 came along and both the 993 Turbo and 355 seem to reach their limits at around the same time. I love it when I find a 355 at the track......makes the day worth while............I also enjoy the occassional 360 and I'm working on that damn 430 critter!
Always Gunna

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al
who was quick?

Yellow diablo was crazy in a straight line. The Viper is going to be an utter weapon when it's all sorted - oil leak today knocked it out early, but it has scary potential. 930 turbo cab was being driven like mad and the flames it was spitting out of the exhausts were amazing. 2 x 996 GT2's there as well were weapons. There was also a heavily modifed yellow Z06 there ... I'm sure Flamey has a pic of that!
C'mon, do it!

Offline 993tits

• Pepé Le Porsche

Awesome info mate. I owe you a beer, can't believe I overlooked that before.

I reckon we can round up a fairly good turnup of AE folk if we plan it ahead a bit. There are a few gun drivers in there too, and i'm happy to be your moving speed hump.   :D

No...beer not necessary.........you know that photo of Jeremy Clarkson in the Aerial Atom without a helmet, the one where his cheeks are blown out with the wind and he is suffering G-Force issues.........I want a ride in your Viper so it does that to me! :D :D

Hope to see you Friday
Always Gunna

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

355's are the natural prey of 993 Turbos............The Turbo is a more brutal thing.......very dependant on boost/revs being just right but kind to you none the less. The 355 is a revver and likes to be talked into things rather than foreced to do stuff........interestingly, as much as everyone talks about the huge hunk of engine hanging out the back of the 993, the Germish had it sorted by the time the 993 came along and both the 993 Turbo and 355 seem to reach their limits at around the same time. I love it when I find a 355 at the track......makes the day worth while............I also enjoy the occassional 360 and I'm working on that damn 430 critter!

hehe.... yeah....

But if I wanted turbo Power, I'd either go Nissan Skyline or 288/F40!

Offline 993tits

• Pepé Le Porsche

hehe.... yeah....

But if I wanted turbo Power, I'd either go Nissan Skyline or 288/F40!

Phil.......we were doing alright up until this! :gnasher:
Always Gunna

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Hey, nice use of safety stands there!!!    :D

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

It's ok, he jacked the floor down, it's easier like that with a Viper  :tilt:

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Electric everything
  • Name: Peter

you know I love my car, right? but I don't think it would see which way a 993 turbo went on a track, all other things being equal.

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline 993tits

• Pepé Le Porsche

you know I love my car, right? but I don't think it would see which way a 993 turbo went on a track, all other things being equal.

Im never sure what is equal and what isnt.........I have had trouble staying with a 355 challenge once and I can list a heap of shitty Jap cars that regularly spank my bottom.......from what I hear of your skill behind the wheel........you would easily stay with a 993 Turbo.  I have a very good friend who can do 1:45's around EC in his 993 TT and it is quite stock......or was when he did those times. I cannot get close to that.........I am hanging around the 1:50 bracket........I think 1neon from Fchat is around the 1:45 - 1:47 area in his 430.........I think the 355 Challenge can stay with a 993 TT without too much trouble
Always Gunna

Offline flamestone

• Geekographer

• Drives: to and from everywhere
  • Name: Shane
  • www: Flamestone.com

Relax, there's stands in there (just hidden from view).  I was under there helping at various stages, and there's no way I would do that if it was just on a trolley jack!