Offline fivesix

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Is that anything like a Holly Valance?

(I must be channeling Mondi here)

Holly Valance????  Is that the best you can do?????

Who am I kidding, way out of my league!!!!    :doh:

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
I see Goober and sifi finished strongly too.... well done to them.

But once again, he continues to whine and whinge worse than any pom I've ever met about his car and what he misinterprets as a bad job I did. http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showpost.php?p=139566298&postcount=82

YES, I fitted a non original alternator to it. I did this while working FOR and AT Maranello Motorsport in ~2003 I think it was, where he bought the car from.

The facts are this....

The original alternator died.

There were NONE in the country (nor available readily) and the car needed to be run on track in a few days....

I believe an original was ordered,  from where Idon't know.

So a local autolec was asked to find a suitable alternative...

one was found and modified (by the autolec) to fit as it wasn't a direct copy.

It fitted and worked perfectly for the duration of the rest of the cars time in Melbourne.

The car was sold to goober and he took it away.

I don't know if the ordered OE one ever arrived.

So, goober, tuck your bottom lip away, quit your sulky whinging and whining and ENJOY your car!

And if you DO WANT to continue your whinging and whining... at least get your facts right.  :tilt:

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

I see Goober and sifi finished strongly too.... well done to them

I can't find a list of finishers - can you?

• Soap Dodger

Offline SiFi

• Navigator/Serial Killer

Run and won for another year. I have to start by saying thanks to Goober putting up with me as ballast again. Also it was great to see a 100% finishing success for the Ferrari marque.

What an event though! After watching the various TV vids over the years, and doing a recce, nothing prepares you for the truly mammoth task of completing Targa. The rain and changing conditions throughout the stages really made for treacherous going in places. The 360CH in Goober's careful hands managing to complete the course successfully with complete reliability. It was a stage by stage event. Firstly to get past Sheffield, then Day 1, Day 2 etc. It was great to get to the end after seeing all the carnage through the stages.

The stages appear to build in complexity and intensity, appearing to culminate with the morning of Leg 4 where Mole Creek (4.5km) is the warm up for the Cethana (37km)/ Gunns Plains (15km) and Riana (36km) stages, in a combined competitive/transport total distance of 250km prior a lunch break.

The 360CH seems to be a good example of a "green" competition car, fuel economy ranging from 18-23 litres/100km over all the stages. I don't think that is too bad, OK, certainly not Priousesque economy, but certainly not too bad on a thrust/economy basis.

In addition to Goober for providing the ride thanks must also go to a few other people.

Fred, for finally debugging the car and correcting a number of issues from its racin
g duty days which appear to have compromised its past reliability. Hopefully now it will just be normal maintenance and age related issues that will require attention.

Also, thanks must go to Steve G (Beama) for invaluable advice provided during the recce for the 2009 TT. A lot of which was used this year. I know he isn't able to log in directly, but his advice was greatly appreciated! Thanks Steve (and also thanks to his nav Tony W.)

Waz and Alex for trailing around after the car. They didn't have to do a lot, but it is handy knowing that help shouldn't be too far away.

Offline scud

• 300kph+ club
  • Rocket man

check this vid out.  :thumbsup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvwssyLyPAs     :scared:

very entertaining, unlike other incar crap that is posted.  :thumbsdown:

Offline flamestone

• Geekographer

• Drives: to and from everywhere
  • Name: Shane
  • www: Flamestone.com
That's insane.  :eye-popping:

I have no concept of how good I would have to be before I could justify driving at that level surrounded by trees etc.

• Soap Dodger

Thanks for the pics simon. They look good together. The retro look 308 made many more friends this year.

If you get the 360 to a race track, you'll double (or maybe even more) that fuel consumption... ~50 l per 100km/h is a fast race pace for 360C.

You need to be going VERY fast for that though... I'm talking ~1.11 at mallala or ~1.39 Phillip island.

Racing is a fair bit harder on the cars. This wet Targa was the least car usage I've seen for 8 years... the 308 tyres would go at least once again!

Offline NSX

• The Cow Whisperer

• Drives: Honda NSX
check this vid out.  :thumbsup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvwssyLyPAs     :scared:

very entertaining, unlike other incar crap that is posted.  :thumbsdown:

No big deal i remember following MHH in his yellow G going that quick on that road  :scratchchin:

Jason must have a 5:1 diff ratio in that thing he was/almost flat-out in 6th gear at one stage :scared: