Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession

Jason must have a 5:1 diff ratio in that thing he was/almost flat-out in 6th gear at one stage :scared:

That whites car has a lot of trickery in it from Reiter Engineering... who make the GT3 race car....

the way I was told, it sounds like the Whites car is virtually a GT3 race car, except it has ground clearance and 4WD!!!!!!

Offline NSX

• The Cow Whisperer

• Drives: Honda NSX
That whites car has a lot of trickery in it from Reiter Engineering... who make the GT3 race car....

the way I was told, it sounds like the Whites car is virtually a GT3 race car, except it has ground clearance and 4WD!!!!!!

Doesnt matter how you put it its still impressive

• Soap Dodger

Doesnt matter how you put it its still impressive

Indeed it is! Amazing car.

Not sure about the "spirit of the rules" part though.....  :scratchchin:

Offline NSX

• The Cow Whisperer

Not sure about the "spirit of the rules" part though.....  :scratchchin:

As long as there's a class for it why not it just enables cars like this to show their abilities in extreme conditions.

You can enter with a lessor car and still win your class.

• Soap Dodger

As long as there's a class for it why not it just enables cars like this to show their abilities in extreme conditions.

You can enter with a lessor car and still win your class.

Exactly right

But I think I'm right ( ;)) in saying that the Whites car was in one of the SS classes... which is a showroom standard class....

Offline NSX

• The Cow Whisperer

Exactly right

But I think I'm right ( ;)) in saying that the Whites car was in one of the SS classes... which is a showroom standard class....

Conceded

• Soap Dodger

from the Targa rules...

SS
This class envisages automobiles to be presented in the same condition they were supplied by the manufacturer, save for limited allowances to make them more suitable for rally competition. For all except those automobiles in the Category 1 age grouping, a minimum of 500 automobiles must have been manufactured in the same specification over a period of 5 years. Special low volume or, ‘high performance’ versions of automobiles are not permitted, nor are homologated competition versions or parts allowed.

Whites car runs in 9SSD

Offline NSX

• The Cow Whisperer

from the Targa rules...

SS
This class envisages automobiles to be presented in the same condition they were supplied by the manufacturer, save for limited allowances to make them more suitable for rally competition. For all except those automobiles in the Category 1 age grouping, a minimum of 500 automobiles must have been manufactured in the same specification over a period of 5 years. Special low volume or, ‘high performance’ versions of automobiles are not permitted, nor are homologated competition versions or parts allowed.
Whites car runs in 9SSD

Mmmm theres some rule bending/interpretation going on here no way is that car manufacturer spec'd

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
http://www.tarmac-mag.com.au/news_detail.php?newsid=274

Set the Foxtel, TiVo, or PlayTV, Targa Tasmania is set to air on national TV in August.
Compiled by Southern Cross TV Launceston, the one-hour special will air on One HD three times:

Sunday August 8, @ 9pm
Monday August 9, @ 12:30pm
Saturday August 21, @ 8:30am

Already airing in Tasmania, the national coverage ensures exposure Australia wide on the network known for sports and motorsport. Consult your local guides to confirm, but tune in to see the action, speed and crashes from one of the most thrilling Targas yet.

Offline YSS

Thanks for the pics simon. They look good together. The retro look 308 made many more friends this year.

If you get the 360 to a race track, you'll double (or maybe even more) that fuel consumption... ~50 l per 100km/h is a fast race pace for 360C.

You need to be going VERY fast for that though... I'm talking ~1.11 at mallala or ~1.39 Phillip island.

Racing is a fair bit harder on the cars. This wet Targa was the least car usage I've seen for 8 years... the 308 tyres would go at least once again!

ive seen a few 360C's at Mallala. i dont think they have bettered 1.17 or 118?

interesting comparo though between tracks - 1.11 at mallala is probably 1.39 at PI
in a car that manages 1.14 to 1.15 comfortably at mallala, i was running 1:46 at PI (and there was probably another second or 2 in it with practice)