Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
Trust it to play up on my 1st event, on the track it would have been ok.  :doh:

Michelotto have a custom alternator for it; but talk to Phil as he has lots of experience with the problem.

Offline Tiger

Michelotto have a custom alternator for it; but talk to Phil as he has lots of experience with the problem.

I have it's on its way, aircraft spec high temp windings with heavy duty rectifier, Iíll also try to duct the air around the alternator rather than wrapping and try to fit a secondary heat shield but there is bugger all room between the header and the alternator.

Roll on summer

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
I have it's on its way, aircraft spec high temp windings with heavy duty rectifier, Iíll also try to duct the air around the alternator rather than wrapping and try to fit a secondary heat shield but there is bugger all room between the header and the alternator.

Wonder if Ferrari fixed it on the 430? If so that would probably work too.

Offline SiFi

• Navigator/Serial Killer

from memory Goober had plenty of issues with the same problem... maybe ask him about it.

I had a phone call yesterday asking if it was Goober's car now painted black. A slight variation from the Mallala commentator's comments of the new black paint job of his car making it go much faster this year.....

Anyway, Goober's 360 alternator pegged out at its first event, first time out with Goober, testing prior to Classic Adelaide '06. Then it became a revolving door of duff alternators culminating in a few flames at Targa Tas '09. Alternate alternators were just not up to it. A standard brand new Ricambi Originali Ferrari 360 alternator was fitted, since then the car then has done Adelaide Hills Tarmac '09, Classic Adelaide '09 (in near a billion degree heat), Targa Tas '10, and a few thousand laps of Mallala racing up to when the 360 was replaced by his 430 GT3, with no problems from the alternator, just a nice constant 13.8-14.3 stream of volts.

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: TBA
  • Name: Peter

Maranello Motorsports would be an even better bet to talk to.

Probably Joe is the guy to ask. He worked on the cars when they brought them all in for the race series. Little he doesn't know about those things  ..... And nothing he can't find out about.
I love my car. Buy your own

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
A standard brand new Ricambi Originali Ferrari 360 alternator was fitted, since then the car then has done Adelaide Hills Tarmac '09, Classic Adelaide '09 (in near a billion degree heat), Targa Tas '10, and a few thousand laps of Mallala racing up to when the 360 was replaced by his 430 GT3, with no problems from the alternator, just a nice constant 13.8-14.3 stream of volts.
That would be my first move.

Offline Tiger

A few pictures at the pits and at the bottom of the hill.

I'll fit the upgraded unit on and see how it goes, thinking about it now if I had turned all the fans off I could have got gears it's hard at the time to work it all out on the start line. I'm now aware of this and know the fix. Thanks for the heads up on the parts.  :thumbsup:
Roll on summer

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.

Offline Tiger

Next time..... Go gettem Tiger.  :p

You spotted the Triumph Tiger then... Hmm needed some help off the line in limp di3k mode best put a Tiger in my tank next time.
Roll on summer