Offline allanuber

• Name: Al
I think $2k is a pretty fair estimate for your average track day in a road car where wear and tear is accounted for properly and nothing goes bang/crash.

In race cars $2k will barely get you to the track and back with one crew member to run the car.

Yes, agreed. My average is spread across everything from our old Westfield, to the XTR2, to the Ferrari's through to renting radicals for days. Full track car with spares, truck and crew .... shiiiiver...
C'mon, do it!

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
I bet affordable in Michelotto land is a pretty laughable concept. How much is an engine refresh then? A full rebuild ?

30-60 hours (!!) before an engine refresh (or is it rebuild?).........fook me you're right, cheap as chups :rolleyes:
No surprise there.

The trick is in buying the car in the right condition to begin with.

You need to start buying from people like you!

Bank on around $2k per hour of overhaul costs, plus consumable costs.

But how long would it take you to do 60 hours..... You've only done around 20 in the 360, in what.... 8 years?

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Drug Dealer

• Drives: Purple People Eater
The trick is in buying the car in the right condition to begin with.

You need to start buying from people like you!

Bank on around $2k per hour of overhaul costs, plus consumable costs.

But how long would it take you to do 60 hours..... You've only done around 20 in the 360, in what.... 8 years?

People like me don't own race cars so it's not that easy to find a car that isn't thrashed to within an inch of it's life. If you race, they are just tools to be used up.

$2k per running hour plus consumables...............and that's surprisingly affordable?  :scratchchin:  Sometimes I think you live in an alternate Universe to the rest of us Philly  :sadnana: 

According to the running sheets I've done about 2500km's in the 360 Michelotto since I bought it in late 2003. About 2000 km's of those were in the first few years when I it was a new experience and I was motivated. So I guess it would take me a few years to do 60 hrs ($120k+ half again in consumables etc) in a new toy. Nope, still doesn't seem like cheap fun to me!

• Soap Dodger

People like me don't own race cars so it's not that easy to find a car that isn't thrashed to within an inch of it's life. If you race, they are just tools to be used up.

$2k per running hour plus consumables...............and that's surprisingly affordable?  :scratchchin:  Sometimes I think you live in an alternate Universe to the rest of us Philly  :sadnana: 

According to the running sheets I've done about 2500km's in the 360 Michelotto since I bought it in late 2003. About 2000 km's of those were in the first few years when I it was a new experience and I was motivated. So I guess it would take me a few years to do 60 hrs ($120k+ half again in consumables etc) in a new toy. Nope, still doesn't seem like cheap fun to me!

Yeah, but if you bought a freshened 333, you could run it for potentially 60 hours with no expenses other than consumables. The big cost only comes when you decide to freshen. You could do 60 hours and keep maintenance to only oil, fuel and probably 2 sets of pads plus tyres..... Which would be almost exactly the same as your 360 N-GT...

And freshening doesnt add the full value to the car....

So, stay in touch with people that know where the cars are, what shape they're in... And bought well plus sold well, could slash running costs very nicely.

I know of 360 challenge cars that have cost more to own than seriously high end supercar racers....

I can't post or even really take pics here, but you'dhave your eyes opened.

And Michelotto are incredibly generous and inexpensive in many instances. Already this visit i've been gifted an embarrassment of riches in parts, time and information.

• Soap Dodger

Can a mod slice the non lambo chat off to 458 GT3 thread or wherever.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Can a mod slice the non lambo chat off to 458 GT3 thread or wherever.

It doesn't work like that around here any more.

• Soap Dodger

BMW club VIC have Winton booked for next Saturday 15th. $230 entry, and under subscribed so far.

day will run regardless of entries.

I'm taking the Radical, there'll be a "new" Lamborghini there I heard.....

But mostly just a few road cars. Only 9 entries as of today.

Ideal low key day for some track action.

Offline Undefined

• Drives: Toyota 86
  • Name: Waqar Ahmed
I am in if I can find a car by then.

Looking at 86, Clio Cup or the Megane RS  :confused:

• Soap Dodger

errr... Skyline ???

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Why? For that sort of money you could buy a clapped out Ferrari that will break on your first track day.  ;)