• Ultimate Nurburgring Tour: Tue, 17 Jun, 2008 - Mon, 23 Jun, 2008

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
It’s you vs. the ‘Ring!

17-24th June 2008

In terms of things to do before you die this has to be top of the list and the boys behind the Dutton Rally Series are going to the ‘Ring!’

The tour will be from 17-24th June, 2008 for only 16 lucky people. To date I have 9 absolute confirmed starters with a further 4 getting back to me… up to you to get your application in very very quickly!

But it gets better… Not only will you tackle the world’s most famous circuit but you get to drive there through the UK, France, Switzerland, Germany and Belgium in some pretty tasty machinery. Your convoy will include the Ferrari F430, Aston Martin Vanquish S, Porsche 997 Turbo, Lamborghini Gallardo, Maserati Gran Turismo and Audi R8 no less!

The driving route will encompass some of Europe’s best driving roads, the famous Stelvio Pass anyone? Jeremy Clarkson called it the ‘best driving road in the world’… we think he probably has a fair idea!

You will then spend two days at the ‘Ring driving a range of race prepared cars from BMW, Audi, VW and Porsche. Day one will include instruction and tips on mastering this great race track. Awesome.

The cost of the tour is A$14,570.00. This includes:

Welcome drinks/dinner and Hotel accommodation on Tuesday the 17th May in Kent, UK. (twin room, supplement payable for single room)
Eurotunnel rates to/back from UK/Europe
European Tolls throughout the trip
Official planned tour of some of the best driving roads in the world
Route maps, road books and 2 x guides
Supercar hire for 7 days beginning on the 18th through to the 24th June
Race car hire at the Nurburgring for two days, including 2 instructors on hand for day One
$1,000 per head fuel allowance
In order to accommodate personal preference and travel time flexibility the following items have been excluded from the tour costs:

Airfares and most accommodation (first night included)
Most meals (first night included)
Excess on the supercars (if damaged) $5k Aussie per entrant (this must be available on your credit card)
Excess on the Nurburgring race cars (excess payable only if damaged - each individual to sign agreements with the rental company)
Places are strictly limited and will be awarded on a first in basis so register your interest today by completing the attached form.

It really doesn’t get any better than this… see you in Europe!

DOWNLOAD THE FAQ's HERE - http://www.duttonrally.com/_assets/UNT_FAQ.pdf

MARCH 2008 TOUR UPDATE - http://www.duttonrally.com/_assets/UNT_update.pdf

Regards,

Dutton Rally Australia
GPO BOX 4695, SYDNEY 2001

Anthony Moss
Managing Director

Mob. +61 414 333 090
Fax. + 61 2 9332 3804
Email. amoss@duttonrally.com
Web. http://www.duttonrally.com/ultimate-nurburgring-tour.php

Offline RS

• Drives: AMG
now thats a holiday
Convict by heritage, Guilty by Choice

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

In terms of things to do before you die

Les - take note! :D

Offline leburpor

• Loves Tom Cruise

Offline waz356

Now that would be even better than Porsche closing the Great Ocean Road last year!

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

All up you're looking at ~$20k (if nothing goes wrong) - barely double the ~average cost of the guys going to NT each year...

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

For some reason the PDF crashes my computer but that looks pretty good.  Does the full info include stuff on recommended hotels etc?  In what I could read, it isn't much more than a hire car deal - although a good one, I'll admit.  I couldn't bring the boss on that one - too much driving for her.  I might check the diary though...

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Here's the contents of the PDF, it's just a copy/paste so may look weird - and if SWMBO'd can't do it........... :D

2008 UNT – ULTIMATE NURBURGRING TOUR, FAQ’S

When will the tour be held?
The tour will be held from the 17-24th June 2008, with Nurburgring section 22/23rd June.
Can I bring a non-driving friend/partner along?
Not really. The trip is a driving tour for people who love cars. If you can’t/don’t drive, don’t come! We don’t really have
the space for non-driving passengers anyway. If your friend wants to come along they get to drive all the supercars and
the race cars too!
What do I get for my money?
The main cost of the trip- (over AUD$150,000 worth!) is car hire- which is what we are all about. You get to drive 6
different Supercars through the streets/freeways of Europe, also getting us onto some of the de-restricted Autobahns of
Germany! The race-cars we are hiring at Nurburg are all race-prepared cars, full rollcages, semi-slick tyres and include
the lot.  AUD$1,000 in fuel is also included, with any extra split evenly amongst us, and any left over to go to the beer
fund, which should be enough for everyone!   
The trip doesn’t include Accommodation, only the first night in Kent, UK. The reason for this is that all tastes are
different, and to save on $$’s you can bunk in a twin room with a friend, if you are coming with one! By the end of the
trip I’m sure you will have 15 or so new ones! Lunches/Dinners aren’t included, although the food is generally pretty
reasonable, and there are no official functions along the way so if you want to stay in and order room service you can! 
And finally, how about one of the most amazing experiences of your life! Get a few mates together, and you will have an
unforgettable experience. 
What other costs will be involved?
Once on the trip, apart from meals the other additional costs will be at the Nurburgring, where you can purchase as
many lap tickets as you like.   
Of course airfares aren’t included, specifically thought of as people generally have a preferred airline, and you can’t get a
great group discount for the small size of the group anyway. 
What amount of driving am I able to do, and how much time behind the wheel of each car will I have?
You will drive each of the six supercars, on a rotating roster. There will be 16 or so people who will rotate between the
six supercars with the day split up into sections, ensuring you will get the wheel behind each car at least once or a good
stint. Once we are the Ring, those of us waiting for race cars can take the supercars to nearby Autobahns for a run!
Can we take the supercars on the Nuburgring?
The supercars cannot be taken onto the Ring for obvious insurance reasons, which is why we have hired the purpose
built race cars.   

What experience is required?
Of course a full driving licence is required, and you must be from 30-65 years old. Because of the nature of the trip,
applicants will be reviewed on an invitational basis, to ensure that the group status-quo is met. You must have had some
track day or equivalent driving experience, as ‘The Ring’ is not for the novice. 
Will there be a security deposit/excess on the vehicles?
The UK Supercars will require a security deposit, the Ring cars do not. There is a substantial security deposit for the UK
Supercars at around AUD$10,000 for each person. You must have AUD$10k available on your credit card for this.
Additional to this if you do damage/crash one of the Supercars an excess of around 2000 pounds is payable (approx. $5k
AUD). 
The ring cars attract a damage excess of €5000 for the less expensive cars, and €10,000 to €20,000 for the more
expensive. A complete list will be given and explained to you once we sign out the vehicles.

2008 UNT – ULTIMATE NURBURGRING TOUR

UPDATE 5 – March  1, 2008.

Hi guys,

Finally I have 100% confirmed dates and pricing for the UNT 2008!

The confirmed dates for the trip will now be 17th  until the 24th of June, with Nurburgring sections 22/23rd June.

The total investment of the UNT 2008 will be A$14,500 per entrant.

Price will include:

- Welcome drinks/dinner and Hotel accommodation on Tuesday the 17th May in Kent, UK. (twin room,
supplement payable for single room)
- Eurotunnel rates to/back from UK/Europe
- European Tolls throughout the trip 
- Official planned tour of some of the best driving roads in the world
- Route maps, road books and 2 x guides
- Supercar hire for 7 days beginning on the 18th  through to the 24th June
- Race car hire at the Nurburgring for two days, including 2 instructors on hand for day One
- $1,000 per head fuel allowance

Pricing does not include:

- Airfares and most accommodation (first night included)
- Most meals (first night included)
- Excess on the supercars (if damaged) $5k Aussie per entrant (this must be available on your credit card)
- Excess on the Nurburgring race cars (excess payable only if damaged - each individual to sign agreements
with the rental company)

Synopsis of the trip:

7 days in Europe with 6 supermodels (oh- supercars I mean!) and 8 fully prepared race cars at the world’s ultimate
racetrack – Nurburgring!

Schedule:

Day 1, 17th June:                Welcome dinner and drinks at Kent in the UK
Day 2, 18th June:                Lenham to Dijon (7-8 hours with some motorway) – cross country through part of
Champagne and Burgundy
Day 3, 19th June:                Reims to Interlaken (7 hours with some motorway) – cross country to Geneva, around Lake
Geneva and then into the mountains                 
Day 4, 20th June:               Interlaken to Baden Baden (7 hours with some motorway) – To include some of the great
Swiss passes before a stretch of motorway and then into the mountains as we come into
Germany. Finish with a small stretch of autobahn.
Day 5, 21st June:                Baden Baden to the Ring (3 hours on the motorway or 7 hours with some cross country) –
the motorway route would include a chance to visit the Porsche Museum in Stuttgart in the
morning
Day 6, 22nd June:               Ring
Day 7, 23rd June:               Ring
Day 8, 24th June:                Return to UK via motorway

Total days now will be seven, with 4 days to the Ring, and then back from the Ring in one day after our 2 days there.
Our route will encompass some of the most amazing and picturesque driving in the world, including some of the
world’s best driving roads.

We will end up crossing 5 or 6 countries- UK, France, Switzerland, Germany, Belgium and (possibly) Luxembourg.

Accommodation:

Accommodation will be available in each of the city stops in shared, basic queen or executive style. As everyone has
their preference, accommodation forms will be given out once your application is accepted and you will be able to
choose your preference. As I have mentioned before, the aim of this trip is to drive some of the best cars in the
world on the best roads in the world, so accommodation is completely up to you- do it in style or do it on a budget.
The Hotels we will choose will be able to give you a preference. 

Accommodation forms will be available once your expression of interest has been accepted.

Europe road cars confirmed:

Ferrari F430                                        0-100 in 3.9 seconds, 483BHP. Top Speed 198 MPH
Probably one of the greatest supercars in the world. A masterpiece of engineering.

Aston Martin Vanquish S              0-100 in 4.7 seconds, 520BHP. Top Speed 201 MPH
Astons flagship and most expensive model. British aerospace was used to design the bodykit.

Porsche 997 Turbo                           0-100 in 3.2 seconds, 480BHP. Top Speed 193MPH
The iconic 911. Quicker than a Carrera GT in a straight line. Nuff’ said.

Lamborghini Gallardo                     0-100 in 4.2 seconds, 500BHP. Top Speed 192MPH
Lambo’s best ever. Amazing V10 an aural delight.

Final 2 cars now confirmed as:

Maserati GT                                       0-100 in 5 seconds, 405BHP. Top speed 177MPH
Maser’s new Grantourismo. To be the best Maserati yet.

Audi R8                                                 0-100 in 4.4 seconds, 420BHP. Top speed 187MPH
The most eagerly anticipated car of 2008. Said to be unbelievable.             

Nurburgring race cars confirmed:

Make/Model                                     Engine HP

BMW 135i                                            306
BMW E92 coupe                               218
BMW E36 M3                                     300
BMW 120i                                            215
VW Golf GTi MkV                             230
Audi TT (new)                                    220
Porsche Cayman S                           295
BMW M3 E92 V8                               420

Cars are equipped with German rego, full racing harnesses, full roll cages and R-Spec tyres, race tuned and ready to
go. These cars are genuine race cars and specifically prepared for the Nurburgring. 

For the first day the E92 M3 and Porsche Cayman S will come with an instructor- this is a requirement from the
rental company. The instructor will be on hand to assist everyone during the day and this will be a great help for
anyone’s first time, I can assure you!!

The UNT expression of interest form is attached. Please fill out in full detail and return with your deposit. Pricing will
be accepted as follows:

EOI accepted: $5k deposit.

Invitation issued- full payment of $9500 to be paid before March 31st , 2008 or your position will be sold to someone
else.

This will be a once-in-a-lifetime trip and I am proud to present it as the Ultimate Nurburgring Tour for 2008.

I look forward to receiving your deposit shortly.

Regards,

Mossy

GPO BOX 4695, SYDNEY 2001

Anthony Moss

Mob. +61 414 333 090
Fax. + 61 2 9332 3804 
Email. am@gruntglobal.com
http://www.gruntglobal.com
www.duttonrally.com
www.zushi.com.au

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

So basically, it looks like you can take the supercars for the euro roadtrip, but just crappy traffic cars on the 'Ring.  Hmm.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

So basically, it looks like you can take the supercars for the euro roadtrip, but just crappy traffic cars on the 'Ring.  Hmm.

That's fair enough.  I think the insurance for a supercar at the 'Ring would be more than the $14K