Linked Events

• Ultimate Nurburgring Tour: Tue, 17 Jun, 2008 - Mon, 23 Jun, 2008

Offline Rat Boy

• 1158 : 143

Stelvio isn't anywhere near as good as TG made it out to be... Friends of mine have done it and the road surface is utterly terrible and there is always lots of cars on it...

I will be doing a tour next month...
Day 1: UK > Nyon, Lake Geneva
Day 2: Nyon > Monza via Simplon Pass
Day 3: Trackday at Monza
Day 4: Monza > Nurburgring + Laps in the evening
Day 5: Laps of the ring then blast back to UK at night.

There are about 40 cars going I think. I'll be in a 996 GT2 CS... Will also be getting a drive of a CGT on the way... Should be good.
Cheers>>Jack

If you're not wasted, the day is.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Stelvio isn't anywhere near as good as TG made it out to be

I guessed as much.  It did seem a bit unlikely throughout the whole episode as they found all those great roads with no cars on them!

Still, I don't care how good Stelvio is - I'm going there to find out for myself one day soon.
PS, Ratboy your trips sounds just the ticket.  Please pack a camera.   :thumbsup:

How tricky is it to drive RHD on the Continent?  I've done it often in LHD with no problems but not sure it would be as "naturall" in a RHD car.  I guess your passenger becomes more useful than usual and being in convoy would help.

Offline Rat Boy

I guessed as much.  It did seem a bit unlikely throughout the whole episode as they found all those great roads with no cars on them!

Still, I don't care how good Stelvio is - I'm going there to find out for myself one day soon.
PS, Ratboy your trips sounds just the ticket.  Please pack a camera.   :thumbsup:

How tricky is it to drive RHD on the Continent?  I've done it often in LHD with no problems but not sure it would be as "naturall" in a RHD car.  I guess your passenger becomes more useful than usual and being in convoy would help.
We have quite a few cameras coming on the trip... I think nearly every single car has a video camera on board, I should be getting 2 cameras for us... :D

Did a tour last year in a RHD M3 CSL last year... Theres a thread in the events forum about it (Top Run. ;) ). Its not that hard tbh. We had 3 people in the car the whole week and there was never a problem overtaking etc... Was good fun. :) Deffinetly do it. :thumbsup: Let me know when you plan on coming over and I'll get some cars together...

Off to the Ring in Sept aswell. :)
Cheers>>Jack

Offline beama

• Two-headed sister chaser

.................Yes, 2009 is more realistic for me too due to busy travel schedule already for 2008.  Let's think on it.

Double-plus one  :thumbsup:

Offline NSX

• The Cow Whisperer

• Drives: Honda NSX
I think nearly every single car has a video camera on board

from what i've heard your not allowed camers to record your run do a google on it

Offline Rat Boy

On the Norschleife do you mean? Thats not true. Nearly everyone I know has a in car video camera...
Cheers>>Jack

Offline yeeehah

I don't think you would want to drive supercars at full pace on the ring anyway, unless you want a near death experience! :-P

you can check this site out as well:
www.driveght.com.au

looks like they also offer tours on the ring, Spa Francorchamps and drifting in Japan as well!