Offline calais

• Drives: WRX

Offline 1st

• Drives: The Historic & Heritage Numberplate market. Historic & Heritage plate dealers & auctioneers.
  • www: HistoricPlates.com.au

Thanks for that- a great spot.....excellent eagle eyed spotting.

SA97 is one of the two digit historic plates that I have "missing" on my masterlist of two digits & owners....only a few more gaps to fill in now.

Nice work,

Cheers

Stew.

Offline calais

• Drives: WRX
Hey Stew. Always happy to assist. Any chance of publishing some numeric plate history?

Offline 1st

• Drives: The Historic & Heritage Numberplate market. Historic & Heritage plate dealers & auctioneers.

Yup, I have written a comprehensive history on historic plates, and have compiled the ownership and history on plates 1-101 (with only a handful of exceptions.).

I've recently typed down the relevant info on these early SA historic plates for the site, looking to upload it shortly.

Keep up the ace spotting.

Cheers

Stew.

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
LMAO how much more is the plate worth than the trailer?

Offline M308

• Degranged

Unfortunately, the trailer would be worth more. Those plates would have "restricted rights" (not transferable) & not "class specific rights".......so sad :(

Offline 1st

Unfortunately for this owner the opportunity to obtain proprietary rights or today's class specific rights closed a few years ago.....

It has no monetary value as it could not be "secured" by an interested party; should the ownership of the trailer transfer, historic plate 97 would be resumed by DTEI and technically could be offered by them five years later .....or, the other way it could be resumed is if the trailer remained unregistered for five years.

Restricted rights were not available for trailer historic numbers, and for motor vehicles or vintage cycles all this essentially allows is for the registration to lapse for a temporary period without fear of losing the right to display the historic plate.

I wager itíll be on that trailer for years & years to come......

Cheers

Stew.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

I don't want much - just a single digit numeric. That's all. Then I'll die a happy man.  :D

Offline PA

• One man comedy gala

• Drives: MB SLK230 - VW 3.6 CC
I don't want much - just a single digit numeric. That's all. Then I'll die a happy man.  :D
Something can be arranged.