Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Who moderates this --> http://flickriver.com/groups/aussieexotics -

Looks like a decent way for folks who use flickr to combine their pics, I might find a way to integrate it here.

Offline 98octane

Looks like a decent way for folks who use flickr to combine their pics, I might find a way to integrate it here.

I don't know who created the group, but I was one of the mods.  But it doesn't get many visits, so I left it.

Offline cel

Pretty sure Waqar created the group :)

Offline Undefined

• Drives: Toyota 86
  • Name: Waqar Ahmed

I created this

just need some members to regularly post there

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

I created this

just need some members to regularly post there

Ok cool - well it's an alternate option for those who can't be bothered to upload to AE cos the system is kinda outdated and clunky.  There's benefits to uploading here in that it's massively well SEO'd and the photos are already integrated throughout the site, but the flickr option opens it up a little more to leverage on a bigger pond.

I just don't want to integrate something like that into AE unless it's moderated by someone we can trust to maintain quality, and if it is then I'm happy to have traffic sent both ways.

Offline Undefined

• Drives: Toyota 86
  • Name: Waqar Ahmed
Ok cool - well it's an alternate option for those who can't be bothered to upload to AE cos the system is kinda outdated and clunky.  There's benefits to uploading here in that it's massively well SEO'd and the photos are already integrated throughout the site, but the flickr option opens it up a little more to leverage on a bigger pond.

I just don't want to integrate something like that into AE unless it's moderated by someone we can trust to maintain quality, and if it is then I'm happy to have traffic sent both ways.

Well you can count on me for maintaining quality.

It is currently controlled by me with Marcel and Luke as moderators.

I don't know if you are at flickr or not, let me know I'll give you mod access too.

I wanted to get this group running but just never got around it, now since you have seen it I think this will change :)

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Well you can count on me for maintaining quality.

It is currently controlled by me with Marcel and Luke as moderators.

I don't know if you are at flickr or not, let me know I'll give you mod access too.

I wanted to get this group running but just never got around it, now since you have seen it I think this will change :)

I've got a flickr account from several years ago when it sorta started I think - never bothered after that as had my own sites and they only allowed like 20mb a month uploads or whatever at the time - will check it out again in the next week or so when I get a chance.

Offline cel

You can count on me for spamming some photo's  :tilt:

Offline 98octane

I find AE (and Fchat) is a much better forum for sharing photos of Australian based events.  E.g. My thread on the 2009 Ferrari Concours has over 10,000 views.  Even counting for return visits, I wouldn't get anywhere remotely close to that on Flickr.  A very popular image might get 1000 views.  (With some anomalies - one of my AM Vantage photos has 55,000 views  :eek:.)

I've found recently Aussie spotted shots don't attract many views on Flickr.  It's because there are dozens of carparazzi photographers who regularly photograph Veyrons, Koenigseggs, Zondas, SLRs, Murcie SVs, Enzos and dozens of other ultra rare exotics and hypercars throughout Europe.  A line-up of red F430s on Chapel St just doesn't compare with a Zonda Cinque, Veyron, Enzo, SLR combo at the Dorchester in London or the Qatari royal family's turquoise Koenigsegg and SV in front of Harrods.  Bottom line is it's much more fun to post the pics here where the places are familiar and the cars/owners may be known.