Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Have heard reports that it's uglier than your first girlfriend - can anyone elaborate please?

Offline cjay

Here you go Ash, things don't seem to line up as well in iPad land...

It seems to crop images on the right, there is a lot more on the right of the F1 pic

Offline 2106

In 'standard' mode the layout isn't too bad, but some of the pictures do get cut off as cjay mentioned.

Here are 2 screen shots from my IPAD, one in standard mode, the other in 'iphone' mode. In iphone mode some of the pictures do not appear at all.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Any improvements?

I'm not sure whether the iPad identifies itself as iPhone - if it does then it probably looks even more messed up right now... :scared:

I might head down to JB HiFi and play with one to see. :p

Offline 2106

The home page in standard mode appears the same as on a computer, then when you click on a link the layout becomes distorted with really big text.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

The home page in standard mode appears the same as on a computer, then when you click on a link the layout becomes distorted with really big text.

*sigh* - thought as much.  Blame it on the Apple retards sending browser data to us webmasters as being iPhone. :doh: :rolleyes:

Turns out Apple is the new IE6.

Offline STi Nut

• Drives: Toyota GTS 86
I'm not sure whether the iPad identifies itself as iPhone

I don't believe it does, when i use mine and go to site it loads the full normal site as if i was on a desktop. Same sites on my iphone load up the mobile/iphone versions....

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

I don't believe it does, when i use mine and go to site it loads the full normal site as if i was on a desktop. Same sites on my iphone load up the mobile/iphone versions....

Well in the screenshot "2106" posted above there's a link to view the site in iPhone format - which I only show as an option if the browser says they're using an iPhone.

Basically if you are on an iPad and it looks normal then all good - but there still might be a few things to iron out as us developers have been slowly migrating websites into the 20 century where we can use more than 800px of horizontal real estate, then the iPad comes along in a massive furore and changes the "standard" again. :doh:

Offline 2106

Not sure if it's a change you've made Ash, or if its the settings on my browser but the layout on the IPAD is better now. Basically the same as my desktop.