Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
A lot/most of your traffic is just image searches I imagine, not sure how to transform that into $

When people actually like you they see everything you post up there, you place a link then some text.

So you could place ads.

and they click on the link they go to AE as well = more traffic.

Well yeah, it's easy to link the ad to the feed.

If you look at an ad or photo here, click the like button and it should appear on your own wall.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Well yeah, it's easy to link the ad to the feed.

If you look at an ad or photo here, click the like button and it should appear on your own wall.

A guide to how much usable traffic you're getting might be how many likes and Tweet things you're getting but as it's mostly women that use it perhaps not.

Place an ad on Facebook, only pay for clicks and only up to $1 , choose your demographic and see how fast it grows, doesnt cost much and might be an interesting exercise for you.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Just looked at the stats for first time in ages...

40% read the forums.
40% look at photos.
30% hit the classifieds.

AE's biggest search landing terms are still "for" and "sale", which is far and away more voluminous than any others.

Past month visitor locations:
22k from NSW
22k from VIC
10k from QLD
9k from SA
5k from WA

So, yeah.

A guide to how much usable traffic you're getting might be how many likes and Tweet things you're getting but as it's mostly women that use it perhaps not.

Knob. :p

We already have 1,000 Twitter followers, and I haven't actively done anything on it, I could easily get that to 5-10k if I worked at it.

Place an ad on Facebook, only pay for clicks and only up to $1 , choose your demographic and see how fast it grows, doesnt cost much and might be an interesting exercise for you.

An ad for...?? :confused:

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

An ad for...?? :confused:

There's the problem I guess, you have to decide how you're going to make money.

You have to ramp up car classifieds, that will then lead to banner ads.

Not easy when you can get an ad on carsales for bugger all :scratchchin:

Off to the pub, I'll be much wiser when I return.

Offline carmooch

• Name: George
Just looked at the stats for first time in ages...

40% read the forums.
40% look at photos.
30% hit the classifieds.
Glad to see you're still giving it 110% haha!

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

I see you've only got a few car ads.

Thats where the money is to be made on this site either all cars or just exotics , free at first then when it builds start charging, and not $5

Advertise a couple of your cars on Facebook inviting others to place their cars, from small beginnings you'll get there with patience and perseverance, just watch it build.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Hey ladies, I'm ramping up AE's social media presence, we've just hit 200 "likers" or whatever on Facepalmbook, so feel free to follow things on there too:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Aussie-Exotics/113489342055082

I won't be spamming it up, probably at most a few posts a day if there's some interesting stuff going on, and occasionally probably nothing for a week. It's not all AE-centric either, I'll usually post to the original source on there, I want it to be kind of a source-agnostic presence that people can follow without feeling like they're being shamboozled into hitting AE for every tidbit.

The Twitter thing is still going, but that's 95% automated now, and typically auto-posts 2 tweets per hour - but is usually interesting - however it's mostly going to be useful for Twitterholics who don't spend much time on the forum itself.

http://twitter.com/AussieExotics

Offline Jamezilla

• Drives: BMWs for everyone!
  • Name: James
Here's a thought - all the shutterbugs should take turns to submit a 'cover photo' for the page. Update it every week - tag the photographer, share the love around... and more people be liking the page, to share in the random Jag bookshelfery that pops up :)

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Here's a thought - all the shutterbugs should take turns to submit a 'cover photo' for the page. Update it every week - tag the photographer, share the love around... and more people be liking the page, to share in the random Jag bookshelfery that pops up :)

I'll be sharing the pics from the Flickr stream now and then, I find the idea of changing the cover photo troublesome for not much return, as most people won't browse the AE page after the first time, it's just the updates that will occur in their timeline. Plus it serves as kinda a branding thing too I guess.