Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Here's a video for how to upload images to the gallery straight from Windows Explorer very easily.

The thread I navigate to at the start of the video is THIS THREAD you are reading now - before I uploaded the video!

Watch this video for a demonstration of how to do it, below the video are the step by step instructions, including the file you have to execute where the video says "CLICK THIS LINK" etc.

<a href="http://aussieexotics.com/player6.swf?file=http://aussieexotics.com/xp-upload-test.flv" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://aussieexotics.com/player6.swf?file=http://aussieexotics.com/xp-upload-test.flv</a>

first of all, you need to download and execute this file, you will only need to do this once from each computer you wish to use to publish photos from:
Windows XP users ---> http://aussieexotics.com/drivers/xp_publish.php?cmd=send_reg
Windows Vista users ---> http://aussieexotics.com/drivers/vista_publish.php?cmd=send_reg

make sure you are logged into ozexotics in Internet Explorer.  even if you use another browser for other stuff, the publishing wizard uses IE.

go to the gallery and create a new album

XP Users:
now, use Windows Explorer to go to a directory on your hard drive in with your photos in it
in the left-pane click on "publish this folder to the web"
if you have the folder tree on the left, click the close button at the top of that pane (not the whole window)

Vista Users:
load up Windows Photo Gallery
select the photos you wish to publish
click Order Prints

now, follow the prompts and choose the Aussie Exotics entry for where to publish/print them

select the album you created, there's an option to upload to a new album, but for some reason this doesn't werk which is why i said to create a new album from here

on the next screen choose NOT to resize the photos, Aussie Exotics will resize them to 1600px if they are any larger

now you should just be able to click finish and it will upload them to your new album

once it's done, go to your album and choose to edit the files so you can assign keywords and stuff as necessary

assigning keywords will allow your photos to show up in the "communal" albums, more on this later.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

After uploading, you retain full control over your photos, to rename them, add further details such as a description and keywords, password protect your album so you can choose who sees it, or delete them if you wish.

The gallery will automatically provide 3 different sizes, a thumbnail, a medium size (700px) and a hi-res version.  When viewing a photo in an album, below the photo is a bunch of links which contain the code that you can copy/paste into forum messages etc to show your photo in various sizes.

Offline 98octane

Ash, well done and thanks for the new uploader technique - it works really well.  Much quicker than individually!  Is there a way to enter common key words for all photos being uploaded?

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

:thumbsup:

Is there a way to enter common key words for all photos being uploaded?

just last night i put a mod on there so that a keyword could be applied to an entire album, but it only werks for admin and not for general users. :(  i'll look into fixing it in a week or two, until then if you have a whole album you'd like a keyword for pm me with the details and i'll do it.

as for selecting a range of pics to apply it to, i have ideas for that to come later.

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
thanks ash... maybe, i'll try it... but I need my hand held on it... I'm just a grease monkey.

I do concede though that even the "normal" attachment on this site is really quick after all... the lack of need to re-size is refreshing....

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

thanks ash... maybe, i'll try it... but I need my hand held on it... I'm just a grease monkey.

I do concede though that even the "normal" attachment on this site is really quick after all... the lack of need to re-size is refreshing....

watch the video, it was all done on a single take and *i* was fumbling through it, so it could be improved but hell, it doesn't get much easier!

• Soap Dodger

ash, you're a leg end.

HTF did you hold the camera so still... in your teeth?

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

ash, you're a leg end.

HTF did you hold the camera so still... in your teeth?

i am have a tripod  :D

• Soap Dodger

is that one of those Tokyo sleep capsules for a 3sum?

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

is that one of those Tokyo sleep capsules for a 3sum?

you'll have to ask Carl about that...