Offline 265T

Windows Vista users ---> http://aussieexotics.com/drivers/vista_publish.php?cmd=send_reg

i've downloaded this file & tried running it, but keep getting this message - what am i doing wrong?  :confused:

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
i've downloaded this file & tried running it, but keep getting this message - what am i doing wrong?  :confused:

I can't say for sure, but this is what google found, see if this makes sense:
---> http://windowssecrets.com/2007/11/15/04-Handle-Registry-editing-with-caution

Open a text editor, not a word processor

Regarding the AutoRun.inf tip, Gerald Ingle speaks for many when he writes:

* "I tried following your instruction to prevent auto-run access. But when I try to merge the suggested file, I receive this error message: 'The specified file is not a Registry script. You can only import binary Registry files from within Registry Editor.' "

Despite what the message says about "binary Registry files," this problem occurs if the .reg file you create is in any format other than plain text. For this reason, I advised using Notepad or another text editor. Most word processors, such as Microsoft Word, will save to their own formats by default.

If you must use a word processor, take care to save your .reg file as a "Text Document," "Text Only," or a similar option.

Other readers had a different problem incorporating the NoAutoRun.reg file into the Registry. For example, Robert E. Lee writes:

* "I created the file by copying the text from the Windows Secrets newsletter into an MS Word file, and saved it. I right-clicked the file in MS Explorer but did not see a 'Merge' option. Can you explain further how to merge this into my Registry?"

Unfortunately, with many word processors (including Word), just typing a name like NoAutoRun.reg in the Save As dialog box will not keep the program from adding its own extension after the .reg extension you typed. Since Windows hides extensions by default, your file may look as if it's named NoAutoRun.reg when it's really named NoAutoRun.reg.doc.

Without the .reg extension at the end, you won't see a Merge command on the file's context menu. This problem doesn't occur if you use Notepad to create .reg files.

To prevent a word processor from adding an extension when you type an extension of your own, put the entire file name in quotation marks in the Save As input box. For example, the following file name will not receive an additional .doc on the end when saved in Word:

Offline 265T

umm......so i make it a notepad file???

then what?

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

umm......so i make it a notepad file???

then what?

When you download the .reg file, save it as a .reg file.  I don't know how Vista handles things - jim501 got it working just fine .

The notepad thing is basically saying copy the contents of the original file and paste it into a blank file in notepad so you know it's not corrupted by some stupid MS saving process.

Offline 265T

When you download the .reg file, save it as a .reg file. 

i think i am?

but still getting this message

VISTA IS F*CKED!!! i'm going back to XP  :mad:

Offline 265T

i've gone back to xp now & managed to get to the point where "web publishing wizard" asks for my username & password (1.56 on your video)

what username? the one for this site? the one for my computer? i've tried everything i can think of, do i need to set up an account first?

help Ash!  :confused:  :o

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

i've gone back to xp now & managed to get to the point where "web publishing wizard" asks for my username & password (1.56 on your video)

what username? the one for this site? the one for my computer? i've tried everything i can think of, do i need to set up an account first?

help Ash!  :confused:  :o

See if this helps:

Make sure you are logged into Aussie Exotics in Internet Explorer.  even if you use another browser for other stuff, the publishing wizard uses IE.

Go to the gallery and create a new album

Select the album you created, there's an option to upload to a new album, but for some reason this doesn't work which is why I said to create a new album from here.

Offline jim501

• Idiot Seeking Village

• Name: Cam
When you download the .reg file, save it as a .reg file.  I don't know how Vista handles things - jim501 got it working just fine .

The notepad thing is basically saying copy the contents of the original file and paste it into a blank file in notepad so you know it's not corrupted by some stupid MS saving process.

Ok I can't get it to work now!!!!  :doh: :doh: :gnasher: Won't let me log on and I'm on the site in IE!!!

Didn't work last time either so I just used the site upload!!!

Offline jim501

• Idiot Seeking Village

• Name: Cam