Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
FFS Ash i still can't get this to work, i can't get the j-upload thingy to work either  :banghead:

Paul - try this, works for me on two logins/browsers no probs - I'll make a proper thread about it later but for now, simply put a bunch of pics into a zip file and upload that. :thumbsup: 

Keep the zip file under 5mb, and same rules apply as per normal upload - the album must exist BEFORE you upload as it still uses the clunky select-an-album-for-each-upload thingy.  That will be sorted in the next major version, but that could be months off.

http://aussieexotics.com/drivers/uploadzip.php

Edit: I just sorted the "clunky select-an-album-for-each-upload thingy" - now the first album you select will be auto-selected for each pic in that series :cool:  I can't believe that feature was done incorrectly to start with - in the code it was as simple as changing two frickin words! :doh:

Oh well all good now, it should make standard uploading somewhat nicer too. :)

Offline dkabab

i find the jupload lowers the quality of the pics too

Offline 98octane

Here's a video for how to upload images to the gallery straight from Windows Explorer very easily.

The thread I navigate to at the start of the video is THIS THREAD you are reading now - before I uploaded the video!

Watch this video for a demonstration of how to do it, below the video are the step by step instructions, including the file you have to execute where the video says "CLICK THIS LINK" etc.

first of all, you need to download and execute this file, you will only need to do this once from each computer you wish to use to publish photos from:
Windows XP users ---> http://aussieexotics.com/drivers/xp_publish.php?cmd=send_reg
make sure you are logged into ozexotics in Internet Explorer.  even if you use another browser for other stuff, the publishing wizard uses IE.

I've recently had to reformat my computer due to a major virus attack, so I've lost the AE registry key for bulk image uploading.  However, I tried to execute the registry at the above link and it doesn't work. I get this error message.  Anyone know what I need to do to overcome this?

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

I've recently had to reformat my computer due to a major virus attack, so I've lost the AE registry key for bulk image uploading.  However, I tried to execute the registry at the above link and it doesn't work. I get this error message.  Anyone know what I need to do to overcome this?

Man, the gallery system is dying for an upgrade. :?

Been thinking about figgering out how to set it up to automatically pull in feeds from a specific Flickr group or something... :scratchchin:

Offline 98octane

Just realised the question had been asked previously  :doh:

Offline 98octane

Man, the gallery system is dying for an upgrade. :?

Been thinking about figgering out how to set it up to automatically pull in feeds from a specific Flickr group or something... :scratchchin:

If you automatically fed from Flickr, the spotted thread would be swamped!  There are literally millions (in my best Clarkson voice) of spotters with DSLRs around the globe.

But, yes, an upgrade would be nice  :thumbsup:  But I have no useful suggestions, except something like the Flickr uploader.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

If you automatically fed from Flickr, the spotted thread would be swamped!  There are literally millions (in my best Clarkson voice) of spotters with DSLRs around the globe.

As I said "from a specific Flickr group" - tightly moderated for decent Aussie content. 

An AE gallery made sense back in 2007 when other free online places to store your pics just weren't around or easy to use, but nowadays everyone posts to their own area.  So rather than duplicate the effort, my idea is to leverage the external sources to show only the quality content in the AE ecosystem.

But, yes, an upgrade would be nice  :thumbsup:  But I have no useful suggestions, except something like the Flickr uploader.

The back-end of the system here is soooo custom butchered by me that it's basically impossible to "upgrade" it to the latest version.  I'm happy if people only bother to continue to upload their best wallpaper-worthy photos that can be showcased here, and link to their personal gallery elsewhere.

Offline 98octane

The back-end of the system here is soooo custom butchered by me that it's basically impossible to "upgrade" it to the latest version.  I'm happy if people only bother to continue to upload their best wallpaper-worthy photos that can be showcased here, and link to their personal gallery elsewhere.

It's a good point - with a bulk uploader it's always tempting to upload pics of every angle of the car.  I'm guilty of this from time to time.   :doh:

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

It's a good point - with a bulk uploader it's always tempting to upload pics of every angle of the car.  I'm guilty of this from time to time.   :doh:

Yeah, we've got to a point in life/technology where everyone has the ability to share everything, and some of us are noticing this isn't such a good thing.

The old maxim "always leave 'em wanting more" is now "leave 'em wishing for less".  :?

So yeah - I'll be moving the site towards getting things back to quality>quantity as we move along - of course what that means for the topic in question...  Stuffed if I know right now. :doh:

Offline 98octane

I reformatted my computer over the weekend so I had to go through the .reg rigmarole.  I have XP and it wouldn't let me merge the reg file because "you can only import binary files" etc reason.  But I found a solution in Windows XP... Warning for tech heads only:

1.  Start Menu > Run > Type in "regedit" and hit OK.

2.  Using the navigation menu on the left, navigate to the following folder:
Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\PublishingWizard\PublishingWizard\Providers

3.  With that folder selected, click Edit > New > Key (called "AussieExotics")

4.  With the new folder "AussieExotics" selected, click Edit > New > String ... and rename the string "displayname".  Then right-click the new string, click "Modify" and for the Value Data enter "AussieExotics".

5.  Repeat Step 4 for the following Value name/Value Data combinations:

That's it.  Now you'll be able to use the "Publish the selected items to the Web" feature for AE.

I've also worked out a way to create new folders using "Publish the selected items to the Web".  Just create a new folder, then click "next", then go "back" and select the new folder to upload your photos to.

Bump!  I just had to use this again and it works brilliantly.  :)