Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Bloody vista!!!

Still no worky then? :(

Been looking to upgrade, but I need something widely compatible and cost-effective - still pretty limited in that area.  When I have more time in a few weeks I'll look into it, or make my own system and sell it. :darkside:

Offline Laminator

go back to XP like i did

I'm hoping to downgrade as well. I've got one of those office packs from when we bought our old PC in '03 that has like 4 installs on it or something.

Vista's just been endless problems on the laptop and the running speed on the desktop has been quicker (less RAM but it's quicker. Go figure?)

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Electric everything
  • Name: Peter
I'm hoping to downgrade as well. I've got one of those office packs from when we bought our old PC in '03 that has like 4 installs on it or something.

Vista's just been endless problems on the laptop and the running speed on the desktop has been quicker (less RAM but it's quicker. Go figure?)

i got a computer (laptop) from aldi late last year. it's running vista...i use it mainly as a HTPC, but for work and other stuff occasionally too.

it hasn't missed a beat ONCE and it's on all day every day.

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

What's "HTPC"?

edit: can't believe I didn't google it first. :doh:

up until a couple days ago I'd been using a Mac laptop thingy exclusively for about a month, as much as I love a lot of the little cool things on the Mac, when I jumped back on my PC this weekend it became painfully obvious just how crap the Mac is suited to the kind of work I do, so it's now basically relegated to a $2.5k internet browser that can sit on the coffee table and be used if I need to look something up when I'm watching teevee.

Offline cel

Have you found a way of doing this in Vista as I am getting the same error message when trying to run the reg file...

Cheers :)

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

I've never used Vista so I don't know what needs changing.  Jim501 seemed to get things working (after breaking it several times :p ).

Oh - it seems you've managed to put some up: https://aussieexotics.com/drivers/index-10444.html

Offline cel

Yeah, I put those up the old fashioned way, I'll try more tomorrow :)

Edit: alright, I manage to install the reg file after changing it to .txt, copying it in a new .txt file and renaming it back to .reg.

Now when going to Windows Photo Gallery -> Print -> Order Prints, it only shows Kodak.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Hmm - might have to wait and see what 265T or jim501 have to say.  If I had a pooter with Vista on it I'd probably figger it out pretty quickly but it's hard when you have no idea what someone else is looking at.

Offline cel

Yeah, I'm no wiz but I should manage to get this to work somehow. I'll try some more when I have a bit more time.

Appreciate yr help :)