Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
This one is for the photogs who supply so much of the content in the gallery who have their own website, AE gets a crapload of traffic for exotic car image searches and previously the only real exposure your link had was in your forum signature, now you can now have a prominent link to your site/a specific web page above each of your photos, based on which album it's in.

Eg, this photo of a Diablo by Jan gets a gazillion hits a day, and now each of those viewers will see a big link above the fold telling the viewer that there's more photos/info available at ozcarsightings.com

It's a bit of a code fudge for now (this software is like 4 years old now :faint: ) and I may or may not make further enhancements (if you have better ideas feel free to post them).

Have also pre-done the spotted galleries of 98Octane's and Cel's.

Instructions:
* Go to your gallery index, you can find the link at the top-right of your profile
* Click the "properties" link of the album you wish to add your URL to - the URL is automatically applied to every photo in that album
* Paste your URL in the "Album Keyword" field (yeah that's the fudge part) and it will be shown on every page of every image in that album
* Click "Update Album" to finish - yes it will probably give a "No update needed" message, it has still worked I just can't be arsed finding where in the code it gives this message
* Caveat: if the link is inappropriate I may remove/disable it

BTW this is good for providing extra info on individual albums, for example say someone stumbles on this photo of dozens of exotics scrambling out of pit-lane and they wanted to know more about why - well above that photo is a link to the URL for the discussion about that event.

Enjoy! :)

Offline 98octane

Online cel

Offline OzCarSightings

• Will eat your baby
  • Photographer

• Drives: GenF HSV/Golf R32/motorbike
  • www: JanGlovac.com

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

No sweat fellas - should help your SERPs too.

Note: I only did one of each of your albums, you'll need to do the others yourself.

Offline scud

• 300kph+ club
  • Rocket man

No sweat fellas - should help your SERPs too.

Note: I only did one of each of your albums, you'll need to do the others yourself.
miss me?

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

As an update to this feature, would just like to note that there are now over 10,000 pages on AE indexed in Google that link to Luke's site because of this.

So I know it's still currently a bit kludgy (will eventually fix), but if you're a photographer and want some free Googlejuice - best take advantage of it. :thumbsup:

Offline 98octane

As an update to this feature, would just like to note that there are now over 10,000 pages on AE indexed in Google that link to Luke's site because of this.

So I know it's still currently a bit kludgy (will eventually fix), but if you're a photographer and want some free Googlejuice - best take advantage of it. :thumbsup:

Thanks - I think it's working too... my hits are steadily going up.  "98octane Photography" now comes up as auto text in the Google search box when you type "98 octane", "98o" etc .   :thumbsup: