Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Googles searching photos right ?

Yes, but I'm not sure what you're getting at.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Yes, but I'm not sure what you're getting at.

You said -

Um, photo searches make up a fair bit, but the forum gets hammered by googlers.

I just pointed out they are both the same.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

I just pointed out they are both the same.

Not on a visitor quality basis - probably 90% (or more) of visitors searching for photos just look at that photo and leave - and they typically land on a photo page, not the forum. 

People who hit the forums searching for information stick around a lot longer, and I don't care about the few people who land here via a search on their phone - only the ones who repeatedly come here are who I'm improving the mobile experience for.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Not on a visitor quality basis - probably 90% (or more) of visitors searching for photos just look at that photo and leave - and they typically land on a photo page, not the forum. 

People who hit the forums searching for information stick around a lot longer, and I don't care about the few people who land here via a search on their phone - only the ones who repeatedly come here are who I'm improving the mobile experience for.

Agree but from a traffic viewpoint I would think photo searchers make up the bulk of your numbers so they are important if you wish to run the site commercially.

Offline jim501

• Idiot Seeking Village

• Name: Cam
I've got a windows mobile and it's not coming up great in IE, I don't get any images, new button, smilies, nothing. The only good thing is that I can actually reply with it, something I was never able to do with the other version. Think I'll just stick to the light topic on the mobile and look at the pretty stuff on the puter.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

I've got a windows mobile and it's not coming up great in IE, I don't get any images, new button, smilies, nothing. The only good thing is that I can actually reply with it, something I was never able to do with the other version. Think I'll just stick to the light topic on the mobile and look at the pretty stuff on the puter.

Haven't tried with that, but I have a feeling you're being redirected to the WAP version, not iPhone.

Offline jim501

• Idiot Seeking Village

• Name: Cam
Haven't tried with that, but I have a feeling you're being redirected to the WAP version, not iPhone.
This only started this morning, I had been using the full site as the WAP was a bit dodgy, and now if gives me a page that has "back" and "menu" at the top, then the list of unread topics, then the desciptions of what the symbols at the front of each topic title means, and then the background changes to the normal one with home etc in it, but none of those buttons work either. So no classic option

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

This only started this morning, I had been using the full site as the WAP was a bit dodgy, and now if gives me a page that has "back" and "menu" at the top, then the list of unread topics, then the desciptions of what the symbols at the front of each topic title means, and then the background changes to the normal one with home etc in it, but none of those buttons work either. So no classic option

Ok, I've altered the setting so that it *should* pick up WinMo and fire it to the iPhone version as well - lemme know if it works.

I'll upload a few screenshots...

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Example posts with embedded images.