Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
This sounds like a specifically IE6 issue - I've on;y had Les mention the site looks crap in his browser, but I've checked it in several different browsers and everything's fine. :?

Anyhoo, kind of a catch 22 - if things are messed up here for you, you probably cant' read this message to reply to it.

As a side note - I was using an online browser preview tool which supposedly gives screenshots of what a site looks like on various configurations.  Well, here's one of them - apparently we're blocked on some networks because we're an "adult site"...

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: TBA
  • Name: Peter
so fix it so it works with IE6 then!

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

It doesn't work with one of my laptops...

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

so fix it so it works with IE6 then!

your words of encouragement are an endless source of inspiration

Offline Tyler Durden

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text

• Drives: Test stuff
  • Name: Robert Paulson
Works on IE6 now.  What a pain in the arse, stupid browser can't even render stuff in the right order when every other browser gets it right.
Aussie Exotics admin imaginary alter ego testing account

Offline SiFi

• Navigator/Serial Killer

Ah, good. I thought I'd screwed up my computer after trying to get it going again on the weekend. It was just a page full of jumbled text boxes.....

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Ah, good. I thought I'd screwed up my computer after trying to get it going again on the weekend. It was just a page full of jumbled text boxes.....

Yeah, developing to be sympathetic to IE6 is like our tax money going to dole bludgers, everyone else has to compromise for the entitlements to the lowest common denominator.

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: TBA
  • Name: Peter
Yeah, developing to be sympathetic to IE6 is like our tax money going to dole bludgers, everyone else has to compromise for the entitlements to the lowest common denominator.

stop stuffing around with it. there was nothing wrong with it before....you're spending time making things over complicated for no good reason.

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

stop stuffing around with it. there was nothing wrong with it before....you're spending time making things over complicated for no good reason.

I wanted a largely universal header and menu for easier navigation - another occasional complaint is that some folk can't find their way around everything here.  And it's hardly complicated, for the code nerds here, the menu is 100% CSS and unordered-lists, no fancy javascript or messy tables (except IE6 which requires tables :rolleyes: ).

It's ok for folk who come here frequently as they only really use the forum/gallery, but there's hundreds/thousands of people a day hitting the site for the first time now, a simple navigation menu should be good to get people interested in seeing more than just the page they arrive on - and the initial landing spot about 75% of the time is either the news/blog section or the classifieds, the forum is still one of the least seen sections on the whole site.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Look at this, right now (in the last 15mins) there's 40 visitors on the site, only 6 or 7 in the forums.