Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Instead of a general "market watch" section - we now have "for sale" forums which are sub-forums of the marque.

As yet I'm unsure as to how to setup posting access - at one stage I was deleting random carpet-bombers who just came to post a for sale ad and never returned, then I set up the classifieds (which get much more exposure than the forums) and made it so you couldn't post a new thread in the for-sale/market-watch area with less than 15 posts.

This stopped 99% of spam posts but they still didn't post them on the classifieds - even though they were free at the time, and there still exists a free option now - people still just want to post on forums. :?

So, for now the for-sale sub-forums will remain open for free posting, and we'll see how things progress.

Offline waz356

I don't like the "Child Boards" thing. It's making the place look too messy. I can't tell what I have and haven't read easily any more so there will be a lot of disjointed conversations going on. Jusy my $0.02c - and that's probably more than my thoughts are worth.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Noted.

We'll see how it goes for now, but part of the point is that for sale stuff becomes "stale" and I don't like it amongst news/discussions, however as a child board it's more topical and relevant for folks who are more interested in a certain marque.

At the bottom of most pages now is a rundown of the last ten active topics, and 90% of the time I come to this site via the "unread stuff" link which I have bookmarked - http://aussieexotics.com/forum/unread.html

Offline jim501

• Idiot Seeking Village

• Name: Cam
I'm with waz, it was a lot easier with just one market place. I couldn't be bother looking through each one to see what has hit the market. Once again just 2 cents worth, see what the general consensus is.

Offline PA

• One man comedy gala

I always click on the unread. Only go to the main menu for creating a new topic.

Offline flamestone

• Geekographer

• Drives: to and from everywhere
  • Name: Shane
  • www: Flamestone.com
Dep-what?  You're using too many big words man...   :D :D :D

Edit:  does anyone actually use that word outside of programming?