Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Have added a few extra fields - I know some of the folk on Fchat get a bit antsy about chatting to people without profile information, so thought it might be a good idea to add such things here.  It is all of course optional what you choose to reveal.

The stuff that will be shown over on the left next to your posts:

• Personal Text - a brief statement which is displayed below your avatar
  • Location - where you is
  • Name - if you have a bizarre username and don't mind people knowing your real one
  • Drives - the coolest car you own
  • Signature - displayed below your posts, you can link to a personal website/gallery etc here but please keep it short and image free as it is displayed below every post you make

The stuff that will only be displayed in your profile page:

• Other cars owned - stuff taking up space in your garage
  • Previous cars owned - anything else worth mentioning that you had
  • Wanted cars - anything you aspire to owning
  • Occupation - what you do for a crust
  • Interests - short blurb about what gets you out of bed
  • Profile Photo - a photo of your car, your garage, you, whatever...  The photo must already be online - you can upload it to the gallery here or it can be on photobukkit or whatever
  • Motto - this text is displayed in bold directly below your photo, so can be a motto or a description of the photo or whatever

If anyone has any suggestions for any other relevant info, pipe up.

Offline 265T

hey Ash can we make location a compulsory requirement please?

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

I won't make it compulsory - although you'll notice it's the only thing which is displayed under the avatar/username whether or not the user has entered any information there, I was hoping this would be enough impetus for people to at least put a State or City in.

Offline 265T

I was hoping this would be enough impetus for people to at least put a State or City in.

it's not  :rolleyes: i'm sick of reading posts & having no idea where people are talking about

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

it's not  :rolleyes: i'm sick of reading posts & having no idea where people are talking about

I have Central Vic in mine - is that enough??

But I could be anywhere when I post stuff.   :p

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: TBA
  • Name: Peter
But I could be anywhere when I post stuff.   :p

wow...how do you do that?

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline app

I have no problem adding more profile info.

I do, however, have a concern that 5,000+ people look at this website a day and being able to see my info. I don't want randoms knowing my personal info. For the people on here, I don't mind. I don't know what the situation is with what is displayed to the public(?) I'm assuming it's all available to be seen by the public(?)

Is it possible to make it so that any profile info other than the avatar and screen name can only be viewed by members??

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Is it possible to make it so that any profile info other than the avatar and screen name can only be viewed by members??

I believe so  - but best if you only show the info you're happy to be seen by the public in any case.

Offline dkabab

I have no problem adding more profile info.

I do, however, have a concern that 5,000+ people look at this website a day and being able to see my info. I don't want randoms knowing my personal info. For the people on here, I don't mind. I don't know what the situation is with what is displayed to the public(?) I'm assuming it's all available to be seen by the public(?)

im sure this might help, but if somone actually wants to know your details.. they will become a member and just look

Offline app

im sure this might help, but if somone actually wants to know your details.. they will become a member and just look

I agree that someone can just sign up but one would have to be desparate to sign up to view someones info :p

It seems like a good idea, something to trial perhaps, since there are only 700 members and 5000+ people apparently view this forum. It'd be interesting to see what would happen, if maybe the member numbers would rise etc.