Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
I've got a new idea to deal with the folks who are too lazy to contact about advertising but are happy to register and post. I'm not talking about the dozens of Indians per hour which my settings now very well divert, but the folks who might be legitimate advertisers here if they could be bothered.

I'm going to add a clause to the registration agreement form to the effect of: "By checking this box you agree to pay $50 per click on your link." - then invoice them, showing they clearly agreed to my terms.

Any lawyers and debt collectors have thoughts on this approach?

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

I've got a new idea to deal with the folks who are too lazy to contact about advertising but are happy to register and post. I'm not talking about the dozens of Indians per hour which my settings now very well divert, but the folks who might be legitimate advertisers here if they could be bothered.

I'm going to add a clause to the registration agreement form to the effect of: "By checking this box you agree to pay $50 per click on your link." - then invoice them, showing they clearly agreed to my terms.

I'm neither but I reckon it's a great idea, make the warning prominant to avoid the ole small print defence.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Should be charging Dodger $50 per post as well.

:tilt:

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Should be charging Dodger $50 per post as well.
 :tilt:

I'll make you an offer........you pay me and I'll stop, otherwise I can feel a gunna rant coming on :rolleyes:

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Don't you dare........
 :mad:

Better start taking up a collection :D

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Hey this gets even better, we can set Mondi up with a $10 web site call it "whores I've known" and place the link all over the site, that should be an impressive monthly earn at $50 a click. :scratchchin:

ummm maybe "whores I'd like to know" that way we can put pics of real women in there instead of plastic blow ups.

Offline j15

It could work in principle, but without looking into too much, for a variety of reasons I doubt that a clause like that would be enforceable.

Also, I don't see you as the litigating type when it comes to enforcing the collection - too much effort/time/cost

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Also, I don't see you as the litigating type when it comes to enforcing the collection - too much effort/time/cost

Just send the bills out and if they don't pay add them to a defaulting payers thread, that would shake them up.

Offline Paulstar

$50 per click is steep, i think you'll just deter them with that

Why not add a checkbox in the reg form for providors of goods and services to make themselves know during the sign up process, their registration should be pending your approval. At the point you start getting notifications start email interviewing the people, get a feel for the product and charge them a flat yearly fee to be on the site

OR

Charge them per click, you get enough traffic to make this worthwhile but I think I'd be expecting some decent reporting as to click throughs / conversion rates.

Latest Discussions

BOARD TOPIC MEMBER POSTED
[ Events ] CARS AND COFFEE SYDNEY mbedford Today at 09:01
[ Off Topic ] Are we at War yet???? shack Today at 05:44
[ Cars ] OFFICIAL - 2015 FERRARI F12 TDF !!! bobbo Yesterday at 23:25
[ Cars ] Spotted thread dkabab Yesterday at 18:39
[ Ferrari ] Australian Delivered 308GTB 'glass 360c Yesterday at 17:27
[ Cars ] The cool other car photo thread allanuber Yesterday at 16:28
[ Funny Cool Stoopid ] it's funny cause i'm drunk!! dodger Yesterday at 15:00
[ Off Topic ] Teevee and moovees dodger Yesterday at 09:55