Offline tjay

Lost me. Did I miss what to click, or is it just a holding page to collect emails?

Also ... why would an insurer come onboard?

Yes its a holding page to get some early interest. So when we launch we can update you on it.

Insurance is one of the concern to address on shared ownership, so hopefully with some interest build, it can help our process.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Can I fractionally own some time in your spare room? Looks amazing there!

I have two spare rooms, both with bunk beds.

If you are boy enough to take the top bunk - this is your glory (otherwise you get butterflies, poonce):

Offline tjay

Lol @AshSimmonds

Since your here, any thoughts/feedback on the idea on fractional ownership?

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Since your here, any thoughts/feedback on the idea on fractional ownership?

Wrong dude to ask...

In theory I think it's great - we've many times floated the idea of car club things here.

But in reality - I simply don't trust anyone completely, and so I choose to live a life as independent as I possibly can.

Along with not getting into fractional ownership schemes, this also means no mortgages, no marriages, no kids, no co-businesses, etc.

To some guy with the house the wife the kids and the partnership business my life would sound like hell - but mine is one of as few responsibilities as possible - and to me his sounds like like hell. But hey it can all change I guess.

Anyhoo to answer the question: in this economy fractional ownership is more relevant than ever, the biggest hurdle is making it sound reasonable.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Wrong dude to ask...

In theory I think it's great - we've many times floated the idea of car club things here.

But in reality - I simply don't trust anyone completely, and so I choose to live a life as independent as I possibly can.

Along with not getting into fractional ownership schemes, this also means no mortgages, no marriages, no kids, no co-businesses, etc.

To some guy with the house the wife the kids and the partnership business my life would sound like hell - but mine is one of as few responsibilities as possible - and to me his sounds like like hell. But hey it can all change I guess.

My advice to young people is don't waste any time in beginning to accumulate income producing assets, using debt if needed. No comment on marriages and kids - that's down to personal choice - but unless you have inherited money (and I didn't, sadly) you need to build a money making machine of your own, unless you want to live an average existence. Very few fortunes were made without the use of debt.

Re this week's idea - fractional ownership - I suggest copying the best car FO scheme you can find. If it will work, someone is already doing it. And solve the insurance problem first. That's a deal breaker.

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

. Very few fortunes were made without the use of debt.

When I was little my father used to say "make your bank manager your best friend" -  there was wisdom in his words.

Offline mattyg

• Adelaide -

• Drives: Audi Q5
  • Name: Matt G
My advice to young people is don't waste any time in beginning to accumulate income producing assets, using debt if needed. No comment on marriages and kids - that's down to personal choice - but unless you have inherited money (and I didn't, sadly) you need to build a money making machine of your own, unless you want to live an average existence. Very few fortunes were made without the use of debt.

Re this week's idea - fractional ownership - I suggest copying the best car FO scheme you can find. If it will work, someone is already doing it. And solve the insurance problem first. That's a deal breaker.

debt as in bank or investors who own % forever?

I've done a few small business (online/ebay/frozen churros lol) my self in past that's enabled me to travel, have a nice deposit for a house and have an enjoyable life so far but MattGarcia Stage 2 should commence soon and i love discussing my growth for MGS2, as i don't come from money neither and i believe you're happy self made as you don't make the big $$ working for someone else.

And i believe learning from others is better then learning from a book...

Matt

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

you don't make the big $$ working for someone else.

Matt

you can make big $$$ even while employed, it's all in how you make your dollars work for you.  A chap I know retired from being employed as a timber salesman 8 years ago, never had his own business, but during his working years he invested wisely enough to now have a shopping centre farm and various other scattered properties -  there are many stories like these.

Self employment has it's ups and downs and you need to consider there are many self employed operators that just make a wage and some of them are even happy doing that.  The past 5 years has seen many businesses go under, some of these on the face of it seem large and successful.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

I've done a few small business (online/ebay/frozen churros lol)

:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

F*cking eBay Business!!!!!!   Most stressful thing I have ever done!!!! Mind you it was working pretty well but man, I don't think I could cope with it again!! 

Offline mattyg

• Adelaide -

• Drives: Audi Q5
  • Name: Matt G

:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

F*cking eBay Business!!!!!!   Most stressful thing I have ever done!!!! Mind you it was working pretty well but man, I don't think I could cope with it again!!

i did it in year 11 & 12 buying bulk lots from china then selling at huge margins... these days every man and his dog is doing it and with pay pal fees + ebay selling fees + being a seller pro + shipping = better off having a 9 - 5 without the stress